lightgun support for emulators and games.

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
sixties keith

lightgun support for emulators and games.

Post by sixties keith »

ok so i just found my old silent scope game along with gun and was wondering if theres support for light guns in emulators?

i have many of the madmab versions emulators as well as final burn legends and i think mameox but still havent had any joy.

i know there were only 3 original games that xbox had lightgun support for so i was especially hoping to get some working in mame and the ps1 emulator (pcsxbox) i cant seem to find any working mame games that support the light gun but have found alot of ps1 games most notable the great point blank and time crisis games but even though the games seem to run great i just can get the lightgun to be picked up!

anyone with any help on this would be great

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
sixties keith

Re: lightgun support for emulators and games.

Post by sixties keith »

Can anyone give me some info on these light guns?

I know the snes has light gun support but it's a pain to set up and the games arnt great.
Especially looking for ps1 / mame lightgun info. Thanks guys

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
mrmajikbus45

Post by mrmajikbus45 »

First of all, what kind of TV are you using? I know some TV types don't pick up quite well.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own. -Solid Snake
American as Guile!
Get your Chimp on!
MrMajst3r

Post by MrMajst3r »

Light guns do not work with LCD TVs!
Only CRT TVs are supported.
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Non-flatscreen CRT. It uses the curvature of the glass to reference position on the screen.
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

ok so i have about 3 CRT TVs kept for this that's no problem cheers

anyone know of a ps1 emulator with gun support? madmabs version of pcsxbox lacks this. also still looking best mame with gun support emulator if there is one .

heard coin-ops 5 has these seems alot but for all im looking. surely there's stand alone emulators

sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

bump :)

fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Not sure. i know CO6 will be adding back whatever was removed/unfinished in CO5. I read that 5 doesn't work well. when i tried it I was unable to calibrate my madcatz lightgun. For standalone emus, i know at least a couple support it.

I'll get around to digging some day, until then lets hope more begin supporting lightguns.
xman

Post by xman »

I don't know about the curvature of the tube having any effect, arcades have used flat screen CRTS in shooters for years without problems but what is very important is the white balance level as the sensor in the gun only sees pure white and seeing as LCD, plasma and LED T.Vs cannot produce pure white, that explains why old school light guns can't be used on these screens.
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

I have both, I'll hook it to the flat crt when my garage warms up in the spring.

I am looking at grabbing a couple LCD TopGuns
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

Checked a few more emulators but no joy. so Ive went all out and started downloading coinops 5 (50gb) to see what the gun support is like

NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

i really wish there was a fix for this, i use to have a crt flat but broke so my light guns wont work on my lcd and led hdtvs.
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

~R17 was earliest it was added, so just update to sunset.

I gave up trying rather quick since i do HD normally and lost patience for the old tank i was using to test out on
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

i kept a crt tv for this so thats no problem.

haven't used coinops before and i don't no what number it is all i no is its coinops 5 n a few mb off 50gb. how do i update it? prefer the mabmab extras emulators but the psx 1 doesn't have gun support.

does any1 on the forum play gun games?

fxmech

Post by fxmech »

I don't ever find where i read some of the stuff, but there was a poll by BP on the forums looking for feedback on extending better support in coin ops 6.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

is there a way we could tweak the gun, maybe needs some kind of tuning from the gun and not the tv, I really want to use my guns, I dont have a crt at the time lol, my guns pick up light from the light bolt I have next to my hdtv lol, it sometimes shoots when it wants to when I was testing.

I read all over the place but nothing, only to go buy a gun that I cant buy at the time, dont have the cash, I got one for a low price for now.

maybe something can be done by the aim on the gun to brighten the light so it picks up the hdtv or something.
NOTTHESAME

Post by NOTTHESAME »

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/sh ... -on-LCD-TV they were talking about this also but dang cant seem to find out a way?

I was playing Zombie Raid for Mame and Aliens3 which is great games, CarnEvil is 1gb and I don't have space anymore lol
I just got a CRT tv, but im returning it since its only AV cables,(yellow, and audio red white), I then asked if they could get me a CRT red blue green cables :).

does anyone know any other games that I can play with xbox guns?
XC-3730C

Post by XC-3730C »

I have a CRT screen and two Madcatz Blaser lightguns. Does anyone have any tips on calibrating these on CoinOps 6 or MAMEoXtras? Does each game need to calibrated?

I really wanna play some Operation Wolf and TV the Arcade.