Launch XBMC from CoinOps4?

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
Craig

Launch XBMC from CoinOps4?

Post by Craig »

I've currently got my xbox booting straight to CoinOps4 but I also have XBMC on the hard drive which i would like to access occasionally, is there any way I could boot to XBMC from within coinops4?

You probably can't but is there anyway to set a command to boot to the second boot location if you press a certain key combo when booting? I've got the ind-bios from the hexen disc so I know I can set more than one boot location but obviously when it finds that the first one is not broken it launches it. Any options?
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: Launch XBMC from CoinOps4?

Post by BuZz »

Craig wrote:I've currently got my xbox booting straight to CoinOps4 but I also have XBMC on the hard drive which i would like to access occasionally, is there any way I could boot to XBMC from within coinops4?

You probably can't but is there anyway to set a command to boot to the second boot location if you press a certain key combo when booting? I've got the ind-bios from the hexen disc so I know I can set more than one boot location but obviously when it finds that the first one is not broken it launches it. Any options?
Something like this ? http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/modules.php ... iew&gid=93
Craig

Post by Craig »

That looks very promising, thanks BuZz I'm going to try it out now! :)
AZImmortal

Post by AZImmortal »

CoinOPS should also have an option to place a dashboard within the main CoinOPS folder and enable you to launch it from the main screen. To get around putting your actual dashboard into that folder, you can use the XBMC shortcut file and have it point to your dashboard.
Craig

Post by Craig »

oooh how do I go about doing that? I didn't know that was possible. The solution BuZz offered above works fine but I'd rather have the launcher option in coinops itself!
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

If you read the help files in Coinops it should tell you all you need to know, I think it's just a case of using the shortcut maker to point to your XBMC default.xbe file.