Installing Emulators and Roms

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
badtaamiz_2000

Installing Emulators and Roms

Post by badtaamiz_2000 »

Hello,

I softmod my xbox using “Softmod installer delux v5.11”. My xbox boot ups in unleash x dashboard where I see Launch Dvd, Games, Applications, Emulators, systems, ect.

When i FTP to my xbox and under E drive, I don’t see a folder for Emulators so I created one manually. I then created a sub folder Nintendo 64 and ROMS folder under Nitendo 64, FTP emulators and the ROMS files accordingly to each folder. After I reboot my xbox and go to unleash x dashboard than to Emulators folder, Its empty.

I am definitely doing something. Maybe download the wrong files.

I download files from www.coolROM.com and www.doperoms.com.

Can you anyone help please.

It would be great if someone can include the Emulators and ROMS files with instruction. It can be for any system, it does not have to be for Nintendo 64. I tried many youtube video and they all seem really easy but i can't get this to work.

Please let me know if you need any additional info.

Thank you
Heimdall

Re: Installing Emulators and Roms

Post by Heimdall »

You need to check the config file for your dashboard, to see where it is looking for the Emulators. The config file should be E:\config.xml (or C:\config.xml if you have selected the unprotected installation version, which is not recommended). FTP it to your PC, and edit it with any text editor to make sure that the Emulators section of the menu is looking in the same location as you have placed the emulators on your Xbox.

The Emulators section will look like this:

<List Text="Emulators" Sort="On" Auto="On">
<Path>E:\Emulators</Path>
<Path>F:\Emulators</Path>
<Path>G:\Emulators</Path>
</List>

If it doesn't edit it so that it does.

Then put your Emulators in E:\Emulators as follows. Each emulator goes in its own directory, so Emulator 1 would be in the folder E:\Emulators\Emulator1\. The actual emulator executable should be named default.xbe, and should be in the root level of this directory i.e. E:\Emulators\Emulator1\default.xbe. Any other files and folders that come with the emulator should also be placed in this directory, so you retain the emulator directory structure.
badtaamiz_2000

Post by badtaamiz_2000 »

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion and help.

I checked the Emulator section and it matches exactly you stated and it is under E drive. I also created the folders you stated. You stated "The actual emulator executable should be named default.xbe" I downloaded Project64 emulators from coolrom.com for N64 and extracted the files, when i change the project64.exe file to default.xbe after rebooting the xbox just keep flickering the unleash x dashboard.

it is very clear i am doing something wrong.

Any suggestion? Is it possible to provide the files so i can just use those emulator and Roms and see if it works.

Thanks
Heimdall

Post by Heimdall »

There's no need to quote the immediately preceding post.

You seem to have downloaded an emulator for a PC - .exe are Windows / DOS executable files, not Xbox ones.
badtaamiz_2000

Post by badtaamiz_2000 »

Apologies :)

Sorry for the stupid questions as well, i am still learning and I appropriate the help.

Ok i will use the xbox emulator from coolroms.com.

For ROMS than i can download any roms regardless the system (Sega, Nitendo, Nitendo ds, ect) because i dont see any ROMS specific for xbox.

Thank you