Xecuter3: using different dashboards

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
AwesomeNurd

Xecuter3: using different dashboards

Post by AwesomeNurd »

Hi, I was wondering if I can use XBMC as a startup dash for the 1st 1MB of the modchip and use the 2nd 1MB for a different dash or to boot CoinOPS by switching the buttons in the bank select (1+2 for the first 1MB and 2 for the 2nd 1MB)?

Thank you :)
Xphazer

Re: Xecuter3: using different dashboards

Post by Xphazer »

Yes and No.
You can use different BIOS pointing to a different location but AFAIK you cannot use two X3 BIOS with different settings, as they would overwrite each others settings.

From the live config, set your X3 BIOS to boot from let's say "E:/XBM/default.xbe" (not a typo, you cannot set it as E:/XBMC... it will complain the path is too long)
Then use any BIOS you like on other banks, you just need to edit an older X2 BIOS with XBTool or edit the config file of the latest X2 or iND-BiOS to fit whatever you like.
And don't use a single 1MB BIOS on top of the X3 one, use four 256KB BIOS, one 512KB and two 256KB or two 512KB. :)
AwesomeNurd

Post by AwesomeNurd »

Thanks for the reply, you explained everything :) I will download the appropriate bios and give it a try. :)
nayparm

Post by nayparm »

Hi mate, just use the quicklaunch feature of the X3 :) and point it to your alternate xbe

You just hold a controller trigger while its booting (as long as you have it held before Xecutor Rox my Box appears)