An Xlink Kai Program?

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
User avatar
GhostlyGamer
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:34 am
Location: Seattle USA
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: An Xlink Kai Program?

Post by GhostlyGamer » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:27 pm

and nope, xbox needs to be connected to the router
Image
Image

Redneck9
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:00 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: An Xlink Kai Program?

Post by Redneck9 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:45 am

GhostlyGamer wrote:and nope, xbox needs to be connected to the router
Perhaps the proposed program will utilize the "Microsoft Wireless-G Xbox Adapter"




Did the 2006 XBMC build utilize the Wireless-G?

Does the XBMC 3.0 series utilize the Wireless-G?

If I FTP a 2006 XBMC to my Unleash X Games folder will it conflict with the 3.0 XBMC4XBOX build in my Apps folder?

User avatar
GhostlyGamer
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:34 am
Location: Seattle USA
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: An Xlink Kai Program?

Post by GhostlyGamer » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:05 am

Redneck9 wrote:
GhostlyGamer wrote:and nope, xbox needs to be connected to the router
Perhaps the proposed program will utilize the "Microsoft Wireless-G Xbox Adapter"




Did the 2006 XBMC build utilize the Wireless-G?

Does the XBMC 3.0 series utilize the Wireless-G?

If I FTP a 2006 XBMC to my Unleash X Games folder will it conflict with the 3.0 XBMC4XBOX build in my Apps folder?
1. Maybe, but then technically should work with any adapter.

2. Wireless-G is a transfer speed rating, xbmc has nothing to do with it.

3. ^ see 2

4. No, not that i am aware of.
Image
Image

Redneck9
Posts: 237
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:00 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: An Xlink Kai Program?

Post by Redneck9 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:55 pm

GhostlyGamer wrote:
1. Maybe, but then technically should work with any adapter.

2. Wireless-G is a transfer speed rating, xbmc has nothing to do with it.

3. ^ see 2

4. No, not that i am aware of.
There aren't any wireless adapter setup option within xbmc; that I know of.

Do you need to have a wireless adapter connected in order for wireless network adapter options to populate in xbmc?

User avatar
GhostlyGamer
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:34 am
Location: Seattle USA
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: An Xlink Kai Program?

Post by GhostlyGamer » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:15 pm

Redneck9 wrote:
GhostlyGamer wrote:
1. Maybe, but then technically should work with any adapter.

2. Wireless-G is a transfer speed rating, xbmc has nothing to do with it.

3. ^ see 2

4. No, not that i am aware of.
There aren't any wireless adapter setup option within xbmc; that I know of.

Do you need to have a wireless adapter connected in order for wireless network adapter options to populate in xbmc?
There is only IP address settings in xbmc, so if you have an adapter, it has to have a web interface set up, or if you are using the xbox one, you need to boot to original dashboard (this is why chipping is great) and use the setup disk for that.
Image
Image

User avatar
GhostlyGamer
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:34 am
Location: Seattle USA
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: An Xlink Kai Program?

Post by GhostlyGamer » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:25 pm

And also, if you are using DD-WRT, you can use the router as an adapter, so you could have it as your xbox's wireless adapter, and then have kai in it, so a fully wireless kai is possible
Image
Image

User avatar
cashonly
Posts: 181
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:12 pm
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: An Xlink Kai Program?

Post by cashonly » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:48 am

Hello, with the recent development of Xlink Kai for Raspberry Pi: viewtopic.php?f=12&p=40829#p40829
did the stand alone app for controlling the engine make it?
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Post Reply