Logitech wireless controller issue.

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
bigkidoz

Logitech wireless controller issue.

Post by bigkidoz »

Hey folks haven't been here for a while but in this current climate i'm actually finding time to play a little coinops, so i dusted off the wireless controllers and went to play Galaxian but the joysticks arent working.
I can can use all the buttons, josticks and triggers when not in a game just fine but as soon as i go into a game i can only use the 2 small buttons on the LH side for credits and start.

A quick goolge search brought up some posts on controller calibration but that didn't work, weird how both my controllers work fine apart from in a coinops game.
About to try an xbox game and see if they work properly in game.
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
sixties keith

Re: Logitech wireless controller issue.

Post by sixties keith »

i remembered an issue with the logitech controllers in certain emus but especially those like coinops and hypervision however i thought at least coinops was covered by a patch. depends on what version of coinops your using and what revision your using but i would check over at the coinops forum just to see or update to a newer coinops if you havent already

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

sixties keith wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 12:15 pm i remembered an issue with the logitech controllers in certain emus but especially those like coinops and hypervision however i thought at least coinops was covered by a patch. depends on what version of coinops your using and what revision your using but i would check over at the coinops forum just to see or update to a newer coinops if you havent already
Got them working, some fresh alkalines and then re-syncing and they are good as new. My youngest daughter has shown interest in retro gaming so fired up Coinops for the first time in ages, we are going to be building my xbox display unit into a arcade style cabinet.
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
Ranger762

Post by Ranger762 »

I can confirm that the new batteries + resync combo works "as advertised", I've recently fired up my old xBox after being caught in lockdown with a business plan to write about this Latvia property as company, and that was the only thing I had to do for my wireless controllers to start working as they did when they were still young, optimistic and not covered in dust :lol:
RichardPorter

Post by RichardPorter »

bigkidoz wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:26 am Hey folks haven't been here for a while but in this current climate i'm actually finding time to play a little coinops, so i dusted off the wireless controllers and went to play Galaxian but the joysticks arent working.
I can can use all the buttons, josticks and triggers when not in a game just fine but as soon as i go into a game i can only use the 2 small buttons on the LH side for credits and start.

A quick goolge search brought up some posts on controller calibration but that didn't work, weird how both my controllers work fine apart from in a coinops game.
About to try an xbox game and see if they work properly in game.
Hey there,
Great to hear from you again! It sounds like you're having some issues with your wireless controller while playing Coinops. It's weird that the joystick works outside of the game but not in the game. Trying an Xbox game to see if they work there can help pinpoint the problem. If you continue to have trouble, you may want to explore the Coinops community forums or look for some troubleshooting tips to get your controller working again.
Good luck and have fun playing the game!
Puzzle Quest with ModtoDays is a game application that focuses on solving smart and interesting puzzles.