Fatxplorer beta 3.0

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
professor_jonny

Fatxplorer beta 3.0

Post by professor_jonny »

Update for you guys, it is a little limited ( no read support)
But will be great if you guys can test and let us know if there is any bugs.

https://fatxplorer.eaton-works.com/3-0-beta/
GoTeamScotch

Re: Fatxplorer beta 3.0

Post by GoTeamScotch »

I spun up a Win10 virtual machine to test and couldn't get the app to detect my original Xbox hard drive. I could plug in an Xbox 360 HDD and that would show up just fine, just not original Xbox. Xplorer360 could open my original Xbox drive fine so I don't think it's a hardware problem. I installed the driver that the program asks to install as expected. The drive is unlocked. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here.
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!
TeleTubby666

Post by TeleTubby666 »

Wow, that one was desperately needed.

Will give it a try now
professor_jonny

GoTeamScotch wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:41 am I spun up a Win10 virtual machine to test and couldn't get the app to detect my original Xbox hard drive. I could plug in an Xbox 360 HDD and that would show up just fine, just not original Xbox. Xplorer360 could open my original Xbox drive fine so I don't think it's a hardware problem. I installed the driver that the program asks to install as expected. The drive is unlocked. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here.
if you could drop me or eaton bug report or setup etc it can get looked at.
he tested it him self via virtual machine so i know that is not an issue and if the same hardware reads a 360 drive it should work.
could you test with another drive or maybe an image and try mount it to make sure it is not an integration driver issue.
GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

Thanks, Jonny. I ended up connecting with Eaton and it turned out to be my fault (downloaded the wrong version). I was able to eventually get it. I'm excited for write support coming later. Cheers
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!
professor_jonny

I'm wondering if a few people could try read from an Xbox memory cart and just let us know if they see any errors or bugs?

Eaton says he is getting errors generated but has not had anyone report any bugs and is is unsure if it is a bug or just poorly formatted memory units.