Coinops Where to Download and how to install??

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
heyskull

Coinops Where to Download and how to install??

Post by heyskull »

I downloaded Coinops 3 ages ago but I could never get it to work!
Where can I download the latest one and how do I install?

Thanks All
SC
whufclee

Re: Coinops Where to Download and how to install??

Post by whufclee »

To install coinops 4 you just ftp the whole thing to a folder called emulators or games (either is fine) then add as a source in programs. Not at home yet so can't pm you with any details but if you give me a pm that will remind me to look into it and I'll send you some details.
heyskull

Post by heyskull »

I need some help with this!!
I am currently trying to download Coinops 4 but it is sitting at over 30 days to download!!!
Where can I download the complete coin ops 4 fast and how do I install?

Thanks
SC
infinity8x3

Post by infinity8x3 »

You can dl it from http://www.underground-gamer.com/ pretty fast. But in all honesty they are ban happy so expect to be banned before you even finish dl'ing the file. luckily once you get banned it doesn't effect the torrent you are downloading so you will be able to finish the dl. Luckily the ban is not hard to circumvent and you with a little knowledge will be able to make as many accounts as you want. It's not something im proud of but yeah.... any way.

Once downloaded unzip then ftp the whole entire dir to your xbox to ether the games folder or emulators folder. Then simply launch it. It will automatically set its self up and then you will be playing in no time...

The coinops4 that you need from there will be the one with the most seeds. and its a large file around 30gigs.
Got a pit bull?
http://mypitbullpro.com
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

They aren't necessarily "ban happy", they just have certain ratio rules you have to abide by which is common for these types of websites. It's very tricky getting a decent ratio but in the long run it means everyone is pulling together and sharing, not just leeching. Have they now opened registration for everyone? It has previously been by invite only.

If you do manage to downlod via UG the standard one is ~38GB but there has since been a lot more packs added and if you can't be bothered to manually search and download them all off the Coinops site they are on UG. Someone has posted his Coinops setup on UG and it weighs in at somthing like 85GB zipped and 122GB unzipped but I think that may include a few xbox games too. I think my one with all the additional packs (no xbox games added yet) weighs in just under 100GB.
infinity8x3

Post by infinity8x3 »

whufclee wrote:They aren't necessarily "ban happy", they just have certain ratio rules you have to abide by which is common for these types of websites. It's very tricky getting a decent ratio but in the long run it means everyone is pulling together and sharing, not just leeching. Have they now opened registration for everyone? It has previously been by invite only.
Correct, but lets face it if he goes there and downloads coinops4 he will be banned for it, Simply because of ratio. He will not even get a chance to seed the file once done downloading it. I was just giving a heads up of what to expect. As i really wanted to help seed once done downloading but was not given the opportunity :cry:

And I believe as of now it is open to all.
Last edited by infinity8x3 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got a pit bull?
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Cool, I wasn't having a go btw (just in case it looked like that!). I know how hard it is to get your ratio up, my first attempt to do the right thing on a similar website ended in me being banned because I hadn't understood the rules properly :-( To be honest I'd have also probably been banned on UG if it wasn't for Restless helping me out and donating some of his credit, once you get there and you're seeding 24/7 it's not too hard to keep out of trouble though.

Well as it's now open to all I'd recommend everyone on here signing up and getting a good ratio going before they change it back to invite only again! It won't be long until Coinops5 is out :D
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

whufclee wrote:I know how hard it is to get your ratio up.
There are...Ways... <.< >.>
Xphazer

Post by Xphazer »

Please guys, no more discussion or allusion about cheating. Thanks. :)
  • Get a decent internet connection.
  • Make sure your getting a proper connection to the trackers.
  • Learn how to use a torrent client.
  • Learn how to use a private tracker site, and learn how to use the honest advantage they offer to crank up your ratio.
  • Download it when its fresh... not when its in end of is cycle of life.. CoinOPS 5 will be out soon..
  • Don't be greedy and hope for a 7MB/s continuous download.
  • Don't be greedy and hope for copy of CoinOPS the same day.. actually don't even think of downloading CoinOPS the day you get access to UG.
Rome wasn't built in a day.
Kozz

Post by Kozz »

Arrghhhh

[Excuse me while I rant]

Lee is absolutely right and knows first hand just how difficult it is to get your ratio up from 0 on UG, Especially on a 50+GB download. There was a small group of members from our old forum who were all trying to "pre-load" our ratios about a week or more in advance to the announced release date of CoinOPS4, Luckily for us, UG just happened have a "Golden Torrent Weekend", for those who dont know what that is, Basically anything you download that was labeled as "Golden" did not count against your download stats and whatever you seeded counted as double towards your ratio. UG even extended this past that weekend and throughout the following week. So you might think sure thats more than enough seed time at 0:2 ratio. But we were all sadly mistaken by a day or 2 from the CoinOps4 release date none of us had anything close to enough built up, with the exception of Xphazer and myself. xph decided to call up his ISP and upgrade his upstream bandwidth to around 3 times higher than most standard highspeed packages. And I resorted to shelling out some dough to rent a seed box. In the end xphazer just barley racked up enough ratio, My seedbox didnt even compare to the extremely limited connections most of our average home connections are able to achieve, I had gained around 4 times the ratio needed by the time CPS4 was released then continued to seed it for 2 months for the rest of the community. My ratio was something ridiculous by the time I decided not to renew my seedbox subscription after a steady 2 months it was around 1500.777

So Xph and myself were sittin pretty with CoinOps4 loaded to or xboxes, while the other guys Lee, and restless whom gave us and a few other members the UG invite in the first place were left high and dry thanks to the fine print rule stating that we could not share any ratio credit to other members unless we had reached "Power User" status AND been members for 6 weeks, So basically we couldn't even help our friends that were maybe even a little more stoked about this release than we may have been.

So take Lee's advice and join UG to start seeding some golden torrents as soon as possible to build your ratio and get past that 6 week wait before you can transfer credit to a friend, and if you can afford less than $20 for a seedbox, even if its just for 1 month You will not regret it one bit :)

@infinity8x3 & GhostlyGamer
Sorry to rain on your parade but...
Most of us here are long time upstanding members of this and many other communities around the internet who are gennerally nice and friendly people who aren't afraid to help no matter how small or large the details of the problem, Even if we get knocked off the face of the internet we band together and well as you see were (mostly) all back together, its safe to say that our primary goal is to help our fellow man/woman and give what we can back to the community. But I have to say that when you publicly recommend that people go onto another communities domain that a lot of our members are also involved in with the sole intensions to sabotage and cheat the system that is in place to prevent this exact behavior, hit&run download and get your "Bogus" account banned rinse and repeat is NOT good for the community I mean I dont want to sound like a dick here, However I (we!!) completely understand your frustration with the whole UG ratio system and most liklie thought to our selves "There must be an easier/faster way" Others may have even experimented and had to learn from being banned that maybe it's not worth it. Maybe you've found a "loop-hole" or a way that works for you, But I strongly strongly disagree that you publicly recommend this as a "Shortcut", in the end your only hurting your community that has been there and most liklie helped you in one way or another. I'm not trying to bully anyone here, I just tell you these things in the hope that you (and anyone else in the community) can see things in a new perspective

Lastly, If enough people show interest in the upcoming CoinOPs5, maybe a new thread would be in order for people to request UG invites if registration does close, or maybe even arrange to pitch in a few $$ with some members to rent a seedbox,
infinity8x3

Post by infinity8x3 »

I would donate to xbmc4xbox before i ever rented a seedbox for UG. Having said that I was only stating what to expect if he went there and downloaded coinops. As i was completely blindsided by it. Me stating that if you go there and download coinops you will get banned for it is not suggesting cheating. Maybe i shouldn't have said any thing about circumventing the ban, that's on me. But UG is more trouble than its worth.

There banning policy forced me to be a leacher as i said i wanted to seed so much so in fact i uploaded the torrent to kickass and have been seeding it there for weeks.

We cheated M$ with softmods but I don't see any one feeling bad for them.
Last edited by infinity8x3 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Got a pit bull?
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

i was more thinking turning download off and only seeding, makes my upload go to about 150kbps lol
Also, I tried to join UG, said I was inelligible
infinity8x3

Post by infinity8x3 »

A couple of ppl have downloaded the torrent from me and are seeding. I no longer am. As i have discovered that the Dev of coinops is pure bonkers. Do yourself a favor and if you like coinops stay far away from the dev BP. He will turn you against his own work, as I no longer trust coinops not to intentionally corrupt my HDD. He has threatened to do it before and now he has proved to me he is crazy enough to do it.
Got a pit bull?
xanderten50

Post by xanderten50 »

If you don't want to try going the UG route (and I've never heard of them before now, so new info there :D )
You can always get them from http://theisozone.com/downloads/xbox/
almost every homebrew game & emulator (including many versions of each coinops revision) is listed there - and it's direct download, not torrent if that makes any difference to your decision
Good signatures are hard to come by...
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

xanderten50 wrote:If you don't want to try going the UG route (and I've never heard of them before now, so new info there :D )
You can always get them from http://theisozone.com/downloads/xbox/
almost every homebrew game & emulator (including many versions of each coinops revision) is listed there - and it's direct download, not torrent if that makes any difference to your decision
I remember when it was xboxisozone.com
and dcisozone
and psisozone
and gcisozone
and just isozone
now its only theisozone
heyskull

Post by heyskull »

It is gonna take me months and months to download that!!!
I live in Cumbria out in the middle of nowhere and my internet is pathetic.
Can anyone help with either sending me or I send them something to put it on?
I can only think it will take days to ftp it to the xbox also!

Help me Please :roll:

Sean
asbo

Post by asbo »

I was thinking about doing a UK coinops hard drive that we pass around amongst ourselves in the UK so those of us without super dooper connections can see what all the fuss is about. I think I've got a couple of oldish hard drives I'd be willing to share.
Does this sound like a good idea to you chaps?

It'd be best to wait until coinops 5 right?
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Yeah I don't mind sticking it on a hdd for someone, I've already sorted out a couple of people on the old forum with Coinops4 - they just sent me the hdd and I sent it back. I'd personally wait for Coinops5 although I reckon we may well need a 250gb hdd with that one :D
asbo

Post by asbo »

Nice :) I think I've got a 250GB and a 500GB here somewhere. So when Coinops 5 comes out I'll send them both to you whufclee, you can send one back to me and the other on to whoever wants a copy. Then they can get passed around until everyone who wants it has got it. I'll want the drives back eventually assuming they survive :lol: If that's OK with you whufclee?
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

asbo wrote:Nice :) I think I've got a 250GB and a 500GB here somewhere. So when Coinops 5 comes out I'll send them both to you whufclee, you can send one back to me and the other on to whoever wants a copy. Then they can get passed around until everyone who wants it has got it. I'll want the drives back eventually assuming they survive :lol: If that's OK with you whufclee?
I live in the US, so can i pay for shipping and get a copy :lol:?