Re: XBOX INFINITY

Post by xbs »

Skins: SLik JX720 MS_Redux Mosaic
Utils: HeXEn
github.com/xbs08/
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

Apparently they've lifted all DRM... I'm slightly more interested! ;)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/20 ... -abandoned
xbs

Post by xbs »

Yeah but it's very funny :D especially if you consider all the initial imposed restrictions and in the end they listened to the fans and removed all that off.
M$ even said "thank you fans for teaching us what a console should be and do"...
Best marketing move I've seen by a major company :twisted:
Skins: SLik JX720 MS_Redux Mosaic
Utils: HeXEn
github.com/xbs08/
Kinstinct2

Post by Kinstinct2 »

Well I'm a bit more skeptical, the only good thing is Xbox One (still dislike the new name) drm seems to be software based as they have a day one patch to remove the drm for the first batches of consoles.

If Sony were planning to do the same but backed out after MS backlash (also Sony considered to try this with ps3) then they are no better. Sony are known to flip flop Linux and Ps2 backwards compatibility come to mind.

Kudos to MS to being straight forward about it and not trying to hide it and especially reversing the policy for now. The only thing left that bothers me is that connecting the kinect to console or it won't work.

Hopefully both console will keep their word for disc based game/media, I still doubt that the consoles will support mkv and new cinavia will be harder to get round. Even though Sony is using FreeBSD I doubt they will be any freedom to use it outside of the gaming system.
xman

Post by xman »

I saw one today with "Place Orders Today" written on it in a window of EB Games....Only $595 meaning I'm not dashing out to place an order.
Seeing as my now "Old" 360 games are not going to run on it' that would mean getting a complete new library and after being bitterly disappointed how "Child Easy" the games have become because no child now likes getting there arses kicked by a console game. Seems in MS's and other console and games designers wisdom, children don't like getting there arses kicked by games so we'll make them so easy because no child likes to loose, they'll have the $110 game finished in a matter of hours or at best, a day and everyone being a winner will buy our next game. Personally I hate this "new Philosophy" and enjoyed getting my arse tanned by a super hard game that used to last me a couple of weeks to complete and some with no guarantees I'd ever be good enough to complete. At least I had the sense of "value for money" though this experience rather than the current waiting with high expectations for a new game and it all being over the following day. For Christ sakes it's a game not a movie.
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

I won't be out rushing to get one either xman with our exchange rate it will e $740 nz dollars 100 dollars more than the releace price of the 360 and 200 dollars less than the releace price of the ps3.

I would like one and drop it in a corner for the fact there may be a hack available that may be patched in future revisions but in the past we have found the first next gen console to suffer high failure rates and poor warranty policys.

I'm with you that most games are too easy but there are games like skyrim that you have the ability to just roam around in a vast world and will last beyond the end of the week and is very addictive, hopefully they offer a free download of the xbla games purchased on the 360 but I dont see this likely.