Problems playing PAL & NTSC games

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
VanZan

Problems playing PAL & NTSC games

Post by VanZan »

When I softmodded my XBOX I could have sworn I saw it somewhere that it would have no problem playing games no matter the region. I found this to be untrue. I have my xbox set to NTSC in order to access the HD with a component cable. Unfortunately I bought loads of PAL games on eBay. A case in point is "Everything or Nothing". I have the PAL version of this. However it goes nuts at the start of level four. It just freezes up. A quick change of my eeprom to PAL and the game plays fine! There are many games like this. For example the Codemasters Club Football range. I purchase Tottenham Club Football and it won't play at all with the XBOX set to NTSC. I face the daunting prospect that the twenty or so PAL games I purchased may not work without me having to mess about with the video region settings. I've never seen a post about these problems though. Anybody know what I'm talking about?
SquirlKiller

Re: Problems playing PAL & NTSC games

Post by SquirlKiller »

HAve you tried messing with the "multiregion mode" settings? Im positive it wont make a difference but its worth a try
Adult Swimmer

Re: Problems playing PAL & NTSC games

Post by Adult Swimmer »

I ran in to that a long time ago. Back then you need a special patch. The patch is still around(xbe file). Just google it. Also you may want to try complex tools ( its just like dvd2xbox). It will work for games that dvd2xbox won't. With complex tools you have to alter a xml file by opening it in notepad and change the
" 0 " to a " 1 " in order for it to patch. It will look like this

// 1 = Media patch xbe's 0 = Dont patch
<PatchXBE>1</PatchXBE> ( notice the example is already set to patch by having the 1 instead of the 0 )

Hope this helps VanZan !!!!
Always root for the team of the guy who supplied the keg!!!!!