xmugen game - Get stuck in & have fun!

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
Nextelhalo

Re: xmugen game - Get stuck in & have fun!

Post by Nextelhalo »

Just in case people are still wanting some Xmugen goods, I've uploaded a few builds on the Demonoid site. PM me if you need a link or invite code. I've put up a large 1400char build named NGB xmugen, EVE xmugen and Xmugen Battle Coliseum.

Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Hi , this one has somehow passed me by and it looks amazing :-) how do I get this on to my Xbox please , I have xbmc4xbox and coinops5 installed on a 170Gb chipped Xbox and know how to ftp ,
Thanks in advance
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

A big thank you to nextelhalo for guiding me through the install of Xmugen my son and myself have been in stitches laughing at some of the characters : we went straight for a Winnie the poo head to head :-)
It is a great game with endless variety of characters on the first Mugen I tried called Everything Vs Everything or EVE ( even Bin Laden is in there ) !!
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Im not positive but I think Steven Segal is lurking around that list as well. :lol:
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
Debug kit untouched
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Yep Mr Segal is there together with ninja turtles , transformers and even Jesus !!
it is great :-) is there any way to hide or delete characters ?
My boy already found a topless one he heh
Also have you tried Pain town android mugen app ? I found it but there's only one character :-)
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

I love this game :-)
Its a shame you can only have one version that can boot and it has to be called Xmugen , which means changing the name of the file on the new version you want to boot :-(
Its great the way no matter what controller you use if you want to swap arcade / single player that it let's you without having to swap to controller 1
JJBB61

Post by JJBB61 »

@Nextelhalo - Are you still active? Your EVE Xmugen mega.co.nz link isn't working anymore (99% decryption error.) I've tried multiple browsers with no luck, but other, smaller files seem to download just fine. Also, there's no seeds on the torrent. Is there any possible way you can either re-up or seed?
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

I'll see if I can re-seed the demonoid files. I'll shoot you a PM.
Debug kit untouched
JJBB61

Post by JJBB61 »

Thanks man. Hey quick question. So because I couldn't download your link, I went ahead and got the one in the OP. The problem is, I get a Kernel Panic when it's loading. Any idea what could be the cause?

My setup:

Xbox v1.6
UnleashX 0.39
2TB HDD w/ SATA to PATA adapter (80-pin UDMA)

I don't have any issues with other games, though, just Xmugen it seems. I guess I'll try yours out when I get it.
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Probably the 2TB causing the problem. How big is your F drive? It's best to leave it (F) at 137GB's or lower or else Xmugen usually wont work. Doesnt like booting from custom formatted partitions.

Just got all four Xmugen's re-seeded.
Debug kit untouched
JJBB61

Post by JJBB61 »

Funny you ask. If I'm not mistaken, the F drive is a little over 1TB. How would I format it?

Speaking of which, my drive layout is as follows:

C
E
F
X
Y
Z

I actually just cloned the 10GB default drive onto my new one. I had to follow a guide, but I don't recall any mention of formatting partitions. Of course, I could have missed it, which happens sometimes.
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

That's kind of the draw back in wanting to run xmugen, you kinda have to setup the hard drive around it. You can use XBpartitioner to format the drive properly but you'll loose everything that's on there and you'll have to start over again. I've never used a 2TB but I know you'll end up with a usable F and G drive atleast. Xmugen boots only from F/Games on an F partition that is no more than 137GB's.
Debug kit untouched
xman

Post by xman »

JJBB61 wrote:Funny you ask. If I'm not mistaken, the F drive is a little over 1TB. How would I format it?

Speaking of which, my drive layout is as follows:

C
E
F
X
Y
Z

I actually just cloned the 10GB default drive onto my new one. I had to follow a guide, but I don't recall any mention of formatting partitions. Of course, I could have missed it, which happens sometimes.
If I were you I would get another Xbox with a smaller HDD or get a smaller, like a 500GB IDE or sata HDD. A 500gb will allow you to have an F drive smaller than 137GB and have the rest on G drive. Looks like you have an F only bios in place and you have no G drive as a result. Having over 1TB on your F drive means it isn't clustered correctly either. On a 2Tb you should be running F and G drives at 64k clusters and that will give you 927GB in the F drive and 927Gb in your G drive. This is the only way you can run a 2TB in an Xbox I know of. What you can do is either FTP all the files you want to your P.C. and FTP them back when the clustering is done correctly. If you had the correct F and G bios, I would be saying move everything you want to G drive, ( keeping it below about 450GB), re-cluster the F drive presuming your booting app isn't in F drive and move everything into the newly re-clustered F drive from G and then re-cluster the G drive to the correct cluster size. Doing absolutely nothing the machine will continue to work till it gets to the point, around 450-470GB of data and then it will start dropping directories and things will start to disappear.
JJBB61

Post by JJBB61 »

@xman - That's odd. I was wondering why creating folders on the HDD via FTP that it would create another one just like it automatically once entering the directory, repeating every single time.

Well, I opted for the 2TB because I want to store movies and music as well. Basically, I need a drive this size. What are the proper steps I should take to ensure that I don't lose what's already on the drive, and how do I fix the F only BIOS?

Needless to say, I am quite new at this. I forgot to mention that I didn't mod this Xbox myself, it was sold to me already softmodded.
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

If you're not sure what Softmod you have, download my disc & upgrade your Softmod.
(takes a couple mins to do it, in fact takes longer to burn the disc)

After that do what xman said & reformat your F & G partitions, split equity using XBPartitioner v1.3 & that's you, you shouldn't have anymore issues.
(XBPartitioner will set the correct cluster size, so all you need to do is when it loads press (B) & then start. (B) splits the free space equily between the extra partitions)

I say use mine, because I can then give support if needed.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
JJBB61

Post by JJBB61 »

So it sounds like the Xbox is really, really picky about HDD sizes and structure. Any particular reason why it makes such a big difference whether or not I have a 10GB vs. a 2TB?
xman

Post by xman »

JJBB61 wrote: Well, I opted for the 2TB because I want to store movies and music as well. Basically, I need a drive this size.
I understand that, it's the same reason I do 1 and 2TBs as well as value for price of HDD......GBs for the $. I'm just looking at what Nex said about Xmugen liking smaller than 137GB F drives. I suppose you could make the F drive to 137GB and make the G drive 927GB and just leave the rest on the 2TB doing nothing to get around this. Not something I have ever done but you can do it with XbPartitioner simply by moving the start location of the F drive on the HDD, one of the buttons on XbPt does this. It would be trial and error holding the button and then seeing how many GBs are still left in F drive but it can be done. You are altering the address on the HDD where the F drive starts. I imagine the gap between the end of the E drive and the start of the F drive you have set would just remain unusable but I see no reason why it wouldn't allow you to have an F drive at 137Gb and the G drive being 927GB. F drive will only need 16k clusters and G drive will be set at 64k clusters. I have thought of this idea before to try to stop 2TB HDDs from occasionally not seeing the F drive on cold booting but got around this by slowing the booting times down a bit. You may also be able to increase the size of the G drive giving you more of the unused portion you create doing this but I'm not sure exactly what the limit is for 64k clustering, I never looked that far into it.
JJBB61

Post by JJBB61 »

@xman - I really appreciate your much needed help. All of you guys' help, actually...

Alright, I've got XbPt and I'm pretty much ready to take the dive into reformatting the HDD correctly. What I've done is FTP'd all 6 folders currently on the Xbox (C, E, F, X, Y, and Z) to a folder I created on my PC (located at E:\xboxftp)

What are my next steps? Will I even be able to fully utilize my 2TB, or will I just be stuck with 1?
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Why don't you just FTP over XBPartitioner v1.3 to E apps/Applications & launch it then press (B) to split the HDD between the F & G partitions, then press Start & then (Y)?

Why you faffing about with XBHDM?
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
JJBB61

Post by JJBB61 »

I don't even have XBHDM. I was under the impression that re-partitioning and changing cluster sizes would cause me to lose stuff (which is why I FTP'd everything from the Xbox to my PC.)