Extract .xiso in batches

XBOX, but not XBMC4XBOX related discussion
Drittz78

Extract .xiso in batches

Post by Drittz78 »

I tried to use the xiso to HDD script but it was just failing all the time on random games. I've had to give up on the idea of running xiso files directly off the Xbox. Plan B is to extract the xiso files but I can only do it one at a time. Is there a way to do it in a batch. If so how?

Thanks in advance.
Dan Dar3

Re: Extract .xiso in batches

Post by Dan Dar3 »

I don't use xiso games but just trying to help if I can.

When you want to extract the xiso files in batch mode do you mean that you have a directory with a number of xiso's and you don't want to have to extract them manually one by one and you would like to have a script or command that extracts each of them in a directory with the same name?

Something like this (for Windows):

Code: Select all

cd c:\xisos
for %i in (*.iso) do (
  extract-xiso "%i" -d "%~ni"
)
What it basically does is go to where you keep your archives, filter by extension and then call extract-iso tool to extract say "x.iso" into a "x" sub-directory.
Drittz78

Post by Drittz78 »

Dan Dar3 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:15 pm I don't use xiso games but just trying to help if I can.

When you want to extract the xiso files in batch mode do you mean that you have a directory with a number of xiso's and you don't want to have to extract them manually one by one and you would like to have a script or command that extracts each of them in a directory with the same name?

Something like this (for Windows):

Code: Select all

cd c:\xisos
for %i in (*.iso) do (
  extract-xiso "%i" -d "%~ni"
)
What it basically does is go to where you keep your archives, filter by extension and then call extract-iso tool to extract say "x.iso" into a "x" sub-directory.
Cheers mate. Really appreciate the help.
Dan Dar3

Post by Dan Dar3 »

Great, glad it's what you needed :)

PS: That code should run unchanged if you want to paste it in a command line console.
But if you want to store that as a .bat / .cmd script keep in mind to double the percentage (%) signs everywhere, e.g. `%i` becomes `%%i`.