Mayflash PS3 controller adapter still works(Cronus Max Scam)

Here you can discuss things that are not directly related to running or using XBMC4XBOX.
Redneck9

Mayflash PS3 controller adapter still works(Cronus Max Scam)

Post by Redneck9 »

Mayflash... it still works (can't use an xbox to ps2 adapter on top of this "found out the hard way")

http://www.1up.com/news/ps3-users-repor ... t-firmware

Newer information popping up online as of Jan 2013, seems to indicate all of the newer XCM converters have stopped working.
Last edited by Redneck9 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Redneck9

Re: Mayflash PS3 controller adapter still works

Post by Redneck9 »

[Cronus Device works with LAG(the manufacturer lies and says it works lag free)causes gun jams in BF3(when remapping fire buttons to xbox 360 triggers)]

Is anyone here still affiliated w/team-xecuter, the new dev team for the cronus?
Last edited by Redneck9 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Redneck9

Re: Mayflash PS3 controller adapter still works

Post by Redneck9 »

Happy Cronus News Cronus may add original Xbox support.

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthre ... -Explained
professor_jonny

Re: Mayflash PS3 controller adapter still works(+Cronus Devi

Post by professor_jonny »

the xbox controller is not a true hud compatable device so it needs special drivers for the cronus.

not to mention there is several all with different hardware id's and then there is the chineese ones with blank hardware id's that could throw a spanner in the works i guess.

only problem with cronus you have to authenticate it using a wired 360 controller the developer got sued some time ago from patent infringment and removed the auto authentication but there is still firmware out in the wind with hacked authenticated downstream port.
Redneck9

Post by Redneck9 »

professor_jonny wrote: only problem with cronus you have to authenticate it using a wired 360 controller
Define authenticate? Do you mean the cronus firmware isn't authorized?

I have a ps3 and can use both ps3 and 360 controllers on the ps3 with the cronus. If someone wants a ps3 controller on a 360 then they need to plugin a 360 controller first.

Only complaint I have with the cronus is when you remap the ps3 bumpers to the 360 triggers you get lags and drops(I assume it's because the ps3 bumpers aren't pressure sensitive) Hopefully with team-xecuter taking over development, they will fix that lag issue in addition to adding support for the original xbox.
professor_jonny

the cronus with the team xecuter firmware wont work with wireless controllers from the xbox 360 with out authenticating it first with a wired controller.

but there is original cronus firmwares that dont have this as they are pre authenticated in the firmware, and they got in trouble with microsoft for breaking copyright by including a special authentication key block in the firmware.

thats why you dont see unauthorised controllers as there have been a few lawsuits over their controller protocol being dupilated, the same happened with their wireless controllers a firm started making them in the uk and microsoft stepped in.
Redneck9

Post by Redneck9 »

Cronus Max is a scam.

I bought one of their adapters on early release from e-bay and they won't honor my purchase.

below is the text that was printed on a leaflet included with my "CronusMax"

1-You have just received the cronus max. The cronus Max is the newest cronus device on the market and the software has yet to have been released to the public. Once the official software tool is availiable online you will be able to take full advantage of all the new features.

2-your cornus may not look exactly like the pictures online But rest assured you do have the new cronus max. The markings on the unit itslef may be different but the internals are exactly the same.

some units may say: cronus, xtreme or gpp (game pad proxy) but these are all identical and come pre-flashed with cronus max firmware.

3-Untill the official software is released, you may use this unit as the Cronus Xtreme (which is what you paid for) and once the software tool comes out it will be fully compatible with Cronus Max apps.

4-Please do not post in public (forums facebook twitter ect)about this unit, you have been given this unit because you got lucky. If you refer to this unit before the public release, future support may be discontinued. I cannot stress this enough please refer to this device as the cronus extreme for the time being.

5- The website for the Cronus Max will be team-executer.com and they will have all the software and updates availiable on thier website when it goes public.

Important: Due to the secretive nature of this device the offical support channel from team-executer.com will be scarce. Please do not post on there about this device untill after it's public release.

6- You have the right to be excited but please don't flaunt this to others. You have been given a unit that is about 2 weeks from public release and are the first retail customers that to have access to these devices.

Again if you have any problems using this device please refer to the cronus xtreme instructions and guides at the websites http://www.cronusdevice.com and http://www.gamepadproxy.com The unit will function like the cronus extreme until the Cronus Max software has been released publicly.
Last edited by Redneck9 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Redneck9

Re: Mayflash PS3 controller adapter still works(Cronus Max)

Post by Redneck9 »

I sent an email to them asking why my firmware would not update.

Subject : CronusMax firmware won't update.
Message Body : I bought a CronusMax from amazon about 6 weeks ago. it had information about the early release. I updated the firmware using the "cronusdevice" software. But now when I try and update the firmware using the 'CronusMax' software it won't recognize my cronus. The software updated but the firmware won't because the MAX software won't see my cornus.

This is was the Reply I go form Team Executer's Cronus Max Support!

Sent: Monday, October 14, 2013 8:26 PM
To: admin@cronusmax.com
Subject: CronusMax firmware won't update.

I'm sorry but you did not buy a CronusMAX from Amazon - you bought a Cronus Device or a Cronus-X - these are nothing to do with us. If you were told it was a CronusMAX then you were lied to and you should get your money back.
Our CronusMAX (including our own custom firmware and software) only went on sale last week.
Also Explained here under "relationship" : http://cronusmax.com/terms-conditions/ - we also go into detail on our support forums.

here is the ebay listing (not amazon) Team-xecuter used http://www.ebay.com/usr/jwmii2 (and oh yes, I will be contacting ebay)
professor_jonny

Re: Mayflash PS3 controller adapter still works(Cronus Max S

you brought a device from the original manufacturer of the cronus or some third party.
the team xecuter rebranded one is fitted with a new firmware and boot loader devoleped by them.

They will not be releacing firmware to the public to upgrade the original devices by the sounds of it id go buy a new one from teamxecuter.

the upgrade probally involves replacing the first stage boot loader if it is a micro controller requiring a hardware flash method.
Redneck9

Post by Redneck9 »

mmhmmm.

Why would someone go through the trouble of cooking up that scam to such a degree??? :lol:

I mean it's such a crazy huge world out there obviously.
Redneck9

Post by Redneck9 »

Welp :D ... I've successfully glitch hacked the CronusMax software.

Their modpacks are noticeably more responsive than the CronusDevice. But, there is still a very little amount lag.
Kronusx12

Post by Kronusx12 »

Hey Redneck9, any way I could convince you to possibly PM me with some info on what you did to get the Max firmware loaded onto the Cronus-x? I would appreciate it very much.
Redneck9

Post by Redneck9 »

@ Kronusx12

Nope.
Kronusx12

Post by Kronusx12 »

Doesn't really matter, I'm making good progress with it. authentication on the MAX firmware is a little hard to get by,but it shouldn't take me long to get it running on the Cronus. I guess for whatever reason you don't want to share is your prerogative, but I don't understand the point of announcing that you "hacked something" if not to share. Once I get something to release I will link it here for anyone wondering.