Hdd jumper settings

Here you can discuss things that are not directly related to running or using XBMC4XBOX.
LudviG

Hdd jumper settings

Post by LudviG »

I thought I was OK with jumpers on IDE drives, but this one is new to me and confuses me. Anyone who can explain for me?

Sent fra min NX551J via Tapatalk

Never argue with an idiot! First he brings you down to his level, then he beats you with experience.
Coldly-Indifferent

Re: Hdd jumper settings

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

You don't need to worry about the 32GB clip stuff on the right. It is for very old systems where the BIOS support was limited to 32GB HDDs.

I had to do my own search to check the other two as I've not come across these myself either:-

The Auto Spin Disabled settings are also an irrelevance to later Windows OS as you can control the spin up/down from the power management controls or via third party software.

The 15/16 heads thing is also a legacy feature. Still not sure what it actually means but, apparently, if you were using Windows 95 you'd have to use the 15 heads settings. So, unless you are using Windows 95, those can be ignored too.

It is the 16 head jumper settings you should use. It appears the HDD, as you would expect, is currently set up for cable select.
LudviG

Re: Hdd jumper settings

Post by LudviG »

Thanks alot for a good explanation :)
Never argue with an idiot! First he brings you down to his level, then he beats you with experience.