Make Xbox isos for backup

Here you can discuss things that are not directly related to running or using XBMC4XBOX.
LudviG

Make Xbox isos for backup

Post by LudviG »

What is the easiest way to bakup my original games to isos?

Could i FTP the extracted games (from dvd2xbox) into my computer and use as backup?
Never argue with an idiot! First he brings you down to his level, then he beats you with experience.
Coldly-Indifferent

Re: Make Xbox isos for backup

Post by Coldly-Indifferent »

Yes, just FTP the game folder and use either Qwix or C Xbox Tools to create a Xbox ISO which can be burned to disc. Any backup must be on DVD-R media for maximum compatibility across all the Xbox disc drive makes.

DVD2Xbox itself has an ISO Mode which is described as an "ISO Ripper" option. I've never been quite sure what it is actually meant to be used for. It is very slow and the method already described will be far preferable but it would be helpul to know how to use DVD2Xbox for this purpose if anyone else can explain the method.

I assumed DVD2Xbox would create a single burnable ISO file from an original game disc.

When I tried it was before I had a PC and ISO ripping/burning was completely foreign territory. The result was a long wait for a folder with three files: a default.xbe, a part00.iso and a part01.iso. The game would not run on the Xbox when you launched the default.xbe from a file manager so as it was useless to me at that time I've never thought about it again until now.

There's nothing provided with DVD2Xbox about the ISO Mode so I still have no idea what you do with these three files. The old tutorial below suggests it is supposed to do what I originally thought and would be applicable to what LudviG is asking about too.

However the guide (edited) only refers to creating a single ISO file which is what you'd expect with any game under 4.7GB. There's no mention of it being split in two separate parts with a default.xbe for company let alone how to burn them to create a bootable Xbox disc.

"How to create a Xbox ISO file that you can FTP to your computer and Burn it to Disc.

1.Load DVD2Xbox on your Xbox.
2.Put in the game you wish to backup.
3.Press Y on your Xbox controller.
4.Select the Dump Directory. (eg. E:, E:Games).

If it gives you an error that says you do not have enough space in this directory then you select an area with more space, or get a bigger HDD

5. Wait until it is done copying to your HDD.
6. Hook your Xbox up to your network VIA FTP.
7. Start your FTP client and connect to your Xbox.
8. Find the directory you dumped the ISO file in and download the ISO to your computer.
9. Open the ISO file with your burning program of choice.
10. Put in a blank DVD-R.
11. Click the button to burn the DVD.
12. Test the resulting disc plays on your Xbox."
Last edited by Coldly-Indifferent on Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LudviG

Re: Make Xbox isos for backup

Post by LudviG »

Coldly-Indifferent wrote:Yes, just FTP the game folder and use either Qwix or C Xbox Tools to create a Xbox ISO which can be burned to disc. Any backup must be on DVD-R media for maximum compatibility across all the Xbox disc drive makes.

DVD2Xbox itself an ISO Mode which is described as an "ISO Ripper" option. I've never been quite sure what it is actually meant to be used for. It is very slow and the method already described will be far preferable but it would be helpul to know how to use DVD2Xbox for this purpose if anyone else can explain the method.

I assumed DVD2Xbox would create a single burnable ISO file from an original game disc.

When I tried it was before I had a PC and ISO ripping/burning was completely foreign territory. The result was a long wait for a folder with three files: a default.xbe, a part00.iso and a part01.iso. The game would not run on the Xbox when you launched the default.xbe from a file manager so as it was useless to me at that time I've never thought about it again until now.

There's nothing provided with DVD2Xbox about the ISO Mode so I still have no idea what you do with these three files. The old tutorial below suggests it is supposed to do what I originally thought and would be applicable to what LudviG is asking about too.

However the guide (edited) only refers to creating a single ISO file which is what you'd expect with any game under 4.7GB. There's no mention of it being split in two separate parts with a default.xbe for company let alone how to burn them to create a bootable Xbox disc.

"How to create a Xbox ISO file that you can FTP to your computer and Burn it to Disc.

1.Load DVD2Xbox on your Xbox.
2.Put in the game you wish to backup.
3.Press Y on your Xbox controller.
4.Select the Dump Directory. (eg. E:, E:Games).

If it gives you an error that says you do not have enough space in this directory then you select an area with more space, or get a bigger HDD

5. Wait until it is done copying to your HDD.
6. Hook your Xbox up to your network VIA FTP.
7. Start your FTP client and connect to your Xbox.
8. Find the directory you dumped the ISO file in and download the ISO to your computer.
9. Open the ISO file with your burning program of choice.
10. Put in a blank DVD-R.
11. Click the button to burn the DVD.
12. Test the resulting disc plays on your Xbox."
Ok, I will try that when I get back at work. Thanks for the answer :)

Sent fra min NX551J via Tapatalk

Never argue with an idiot! First he brings you down to his level, then he beats you with experience.