Xbox shows IP but not connecting. Help

Here you can discuss things that are not directly related to running or using XBMC4XBOX.
johnaz

Xbox shows IP but not connecting. Help

Post by johnaz »

Newbie. Here just installed my softmod v5.10
As the title says the Xbox is showing proper IP but not
connecting any ideas on what to check as I'm totally lost :oops:
johnaz

Re: Xbox shows IP but not connecting. Help

Post by johnaz »

Forgot to mention I'm hardwired to belkin router
fini101

Post by fini101 »

Xbox is showing proper IP address and/or XBMC is showing proper IP address? What is it you are trying to connect to, something internal to your home network or external to something on the Internet?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

If you connect another device to the same port does it get a DHCP address?

I've had this before on an old xbox... it even had link lights, but the board I'm sorry to say was broken... even hard coding an IP address still resulted in no connectivity. have you got another xbox you could try?
johnaz

Post by johnaz »

Trying to connect xbmc and add sources.
The cord port lights up but when I do a add source
It says remote share not responding or Internet is not conneexted
johnaz

Post by johnaz »

Geeba wrote:If you connect another device to the same port does it get a DHCP address?

I've had this before on an old xbox... it even had link lights, but the board I'm sorry to say was broken... even hard coding an IP address still resulted in no connectivity. have you got another xbox you could try?
Might have to pick up a second unit and try again
johnaz

Post by johnaz »

Geeba wrote:If you connect another device to the same port does it get a DHCP address?

Yea both laptop and a Roku will connect and function. This was my first time softmod and I was hoping I did something wrong
johnaz

Post by johnaz »

And I'm using 5.11 final I couldn't connect to install xbmc4xbox
And that's where I was heading
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

So what dashboard is coming up for you to try to ftp ? What does the softmodded Xbox boot up in to ?

Sent by SlimKat FirePhone
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Have you tried booting a disc like Hexen and then trying to FTP to its built in server ?

fini101

Post by fini101 »

Confused, do you have XBMC installed on your Xbox? One of your replies you state you are trying to connect XBMC and add sources. If you can load up XBMC do you get a scrolling feed on the home screen? If so your Xbox has an IP address and communicating through you router to the Internet. If you do not have XBMC on your Xbox what dashboard are you running and what is showing you have an IP address? Along with the IP address does it show your configured DNS servers and default gateway?

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk
johnaz

Post by johnaz »

fini101 wrote:Confused, do you have XBMC installed on your Xbox? One of your replies you state you are trying to connect XBMC and add sources. If you can load up XBMC do you get a scrolling feed on the home screen? If so your Xbox has an IP address and communicating through you router to the Internet. If you do not have XBMC on your Xbox what dashboard are you running and what is showing you have an IP address? Along with the IP address does it show your configured DNS servers and default gateway?

Gateway DNS all show good. Xmbc dashboard will open and i if I go to add sources and type in a downloaad link like fusion ag it states remote share could not connect to internet
Last edited by johnaz on Fri May 13, 2016 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnaz

Post by johnaz »

Sorry no scrolling feed just the dashboard
Contain. The functions
johnaz

Post by johnaz »

fini101 wrote:Xbox is showing proper IP address and/or XBMC is showing proper IP address? What is it you are trying to connect to, something internal to your home network or external to something on the Internet?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk
xbmc dashboard opens go to programs and it was blank so i enter the http address to download fusiontvaddons.ag
and i get a statement saying remote share could not connect to internet
johnaz

Post by johnaz »

hawsey wrote:Have you tried booting a disc like Hexen and then trying to FTP to its built in server ?

no i havent
ive been doing research on FTP no much info out so im literally lost on that aspect i understand it will allow my laptop to access files if i have a certain program also im using Xunleash dashboard and ive tried just the xbmc dashboard both have same issue very good chance im doing something wrong
as for the IP IT SHOWS 192 168 0 02 Which is my belkin router through ethernet cable
johnaz

Post by johnaz »

hawsey wrote:So what dashboard is coming up for you to try to ftp ? What does the softmodded Xbox boot up in to ?

Xunleash 5.11 also the local weather tab will not accept or update just shows default new york no other info
fini101

Post by fini101 »

Is 192.168.0.2 the IP address assigned to the Xbox or the IP address of your belkin router? If it is your belkin router what IP address is being assigned to your Xbox? Can you ping the IP address of your Xbox while it is powered on from another device such as a laptop or desktop? If you get a positive reply to the ping check the ARP cache on your laptop/desktop to check the MAC address associated with the Xbox IP address. The MAC address should match the MAC address of the Ethernet adapter of your XBox. You can check your Xbox's MAC address in XBMC System info / Network.

xman

Post by xman »

Silly question but wise to check the easy first, have you tried another net cable?. It is a patch cable you are using and not a cross over cable?.
johnaz

Post by johnaz »

fini101 wrote:Is 192.168.0.2 the IP address assigned to the Xbox or the IP address of your belkin router? If it is your belkin router what IP address is being assigned to your Xbox? Can you ping the IP address of your Xbox while it is powered on from another device such as a laptop or desktop? If you get a positive reply to the ping check the ARP cache on your laptop/desktop to check the MAC address associated with the Xbox IP address. The MAC address should match the MAC address of the Ethernet adapter of your XBox. You can check your Xbox's MAC address in XBMC System info / Network.

So Xbox should have its own up ? Or just a 02 in last block
johnaz

Post by johnaz »

OK i Fixed connection xbox had IP set as static and needed to be DHCP so now all systems in home see xbox and the xbox sees all upnp devices

so next delima it still wont add sources it does now show a ticker at bottom of xbmc dashboard :D thinking i need to install the new xbmc any ideas on good
links to 3.5.3 8-) thanks for all your suggestions they helped me figure it out