PS4 *Softmodding* News?

Here you can discuss things that are not directly related to running or using XBMC4XBOX.
TheGeekoid

PS4 *Softmodding* News?

Post by TheGeekoid »

Sony's PS4 has been out for a while now and i was wondering if anyone knew any legit methods for softmodding/hacking it. It would be interesting to install some other operating systems on it. :D
Rule number one, do NOT fly into a thunderstorm. Rule number two, if you fly into a thunderstorm, see rule number one.
asbo

Re: PS4 *Softmodding* News?

Post by asbo »

No.
This is as close as you can get, and good luck with even that :lol:
TheGeekoid

Post by TheGeekoid »

Thanks for the reply. That's basically what I wanted. Now I just have to figure out how to do it and if its risky or not....
Rule number one, do NOT fly into a thunderstorm. Rule number two, if you fly into a thunderstorm, see rule number one.
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

That question of "risky" is in the affirmative.
TheGeekoid

Post by TheGeekoid »

So I've done some research on this, and apparently there was some exploit with the browser in 1.76 that has obviously been patched by now. Linux has been successfully ported to run on this console, however the group that ported it isn't releasing an exploit to prevent piracy. And best of all the only risk of damage is getting banned from the PSN, as opposed to the original Xbox where there is the possibility of bricking the thing.