Xbox One, ps4, or wii u?

Here you can discuss things that are not directly related to running or using XBMC4XBOX.
xboxprince

Xbox One, ps4, or wii u?

Post by xboxprince »

Just wandering which one you would choose and or have chosen and why.

Ps. I have the xbox one, its pretty awesome and the os is very attractive, a little cumbersome but attractive. I still may get the ps4 because some oif the games that are to be realeased look pretty interesting. Thank you :)
project media center "part one" (working progress): 6tb trusty 1.4ghz + 128mb v1.4 Xbox water cooled pc case with xenium ice, LCD, HDMI out and optical out.
professor_jonny

Re: Xbox One, ps4, or wii u?

Post by professor_jonny »

None of the above I think the xbox 360 is still the best console today, but i would tip towards the One because i wont loose my gamer tag and game progress and still can play on live with the people i have become accustom to.

it has lacked a bit as a platform because of the previous rrod and Microsoft game selling policies etc which they reversed but for a platform, but forza motor sport is the pulling card for me.

the 360 it is the best in my opinion does not have a blur ray drive so you don't need a to gazillion gb hdd to store your games on it is still a current gen console and all the new games come out on it and it is backwards compatable with the xbox (to some degree), also because of the amiga emulator on it rocks.
xboxprince

Post by xboxprince »

Good point, and the reason why the next gen console games are so big is because they utilize DL-Bluyray disc which has a storage capacity of I believe 55gb compared to the 21gb on single layer Bluray disc(ps3) and the 8.5gb on DL-DVDs(Xbox 360).
project media center "part one" (working progress): 6tb trusty 1.4ghz + 128mb v1.4 Xbox water cooled pc case with xenium ice, LCD, HDMI out and optical out.
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

The graphic comparison is interesting...

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2014/01/28/tom ... s3xbox-360

I'm a PC gamer, but did buy a PS3 so I could play 'The Last Of Us' - so I would probably go for a PS4 so I could play iy again in 1080p! ;)
xman

Post by xman »

professor_jonny wrote:None of the above I think the xbox 360 is still the best console today, but i would tip towards the One because i wont loose my gamer tag and game progress and still can play on live with the people i have become accustom to.
I may be wrong but I am under the impression your Xbox Live account is not compatible with the Live account used on the Xbox One. I say this because when my boys got an Xbox one for Christmas and I asked how the 360 and Xbox one would work on there Live accounts, the salesman said you need a separate new account for the Xbox One as they are not the same. I also asked about the games being backward compatible, 360 games playing on the Xbox One, and that was a no as well. I haven't tried so like I say, I may be wrong and would love to be wrong in this case.
asbo

Post by asbo »

PC ;)
If I had to choose one I'd probably get the Wii U because its a bit different. I have no idea how good it is but tablet thingies as controllers intrigues me.
xboxprince

Post by xboxprince »

xman wrote:
professor_jonny wrote:None of the above I think the xbox 360 is still the best console today, but i would tip towards the One because i wont loose my gamer tag and game progress and still can play on live with the people i have become accustom to.
I may be wrong but I am under the impression your Xbox Live account is not compatible with the Live account used on the Xbox One. I say this because when my boys got an Xbox one for Christmas and I asked how the 360 and Xbox one would work on there Live accounts, the salesman said you need a separate new account for the Xbox One as they are not the same. I also asked about the games being backward compatible, 360 games playing on the Xbox One, and that was a no as well. I haven't tried so like I say, I may be wrong and would love to be wrong in this case.
your right about the backwards compatibility, but you can just sign in to your previous Xbox live account no problems, because the account is not with Xbox live, it is with Microsoft so it can be accessed any where even when your not on your Xbox console (or at least I think ).
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

xman wrote:

your sales man lies :-) your games on the xbox wont transfer to the one like your xbox 1 and 360 downloads but all xbla content gamer tags progress friends etc all work from any console i believe it even works on the microsoft account on the pc in the windows 8 store.

as for the graphics detail and that it does not really matter that much there is so little difference between the last this gen and pc that when you are actually playing and imersed in the content you dont notice the difference.

the original wii is proof of this the graphics is not what it is all about they sell heaps of consoles still.
xboxprince

Post by xboxprince »

The original wii just shows that it's not all about specs. It had a 729Mghz processor and almost sold more Than the Xbox 360 and ps3 combined.
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

When the day comes, I'll be getting an Xbox One; though the PlayStation does have some pretty nifty games, I'm all about the Xbox... they have most of the games that I'm interested in and PlayStation's exclusive games are just not what the original franchise was, namely "God of War," for me anyway. I also prefer their interface vs the PlayStation's.

The one thing that I use to love about the PlayStation was that you could play online without the need of a subscription, though to my knowledge, they've now adopted a pay-for-play business model.
DavPow

Post by DavPow »

asbo wrote:PC ;)
If I had to choose one I'd probably get the Wii U because its a bit different. I have no idea how good it is but tablet thingies as controllers intrigues me.

The Wii U is great :). The controller is much more comfortable then it looks, and the games are awesome. IMO PC + Wii U is the best combination.
Xlink Kai: DavPow
V1.0, Crystal case, OpenXenium + iND BIOS 5003, 1TB HDD (WD WD10EZEX), XBMC4Xbox 3.5.3, XBMC4Gamers