I'm an idiot :(

Here you can discuss things that are not directly related to running or using XBMC4XBOX.
Xphazer

Re: I'm an idiot :(

Post by Xphazer »

Wish you full and speedy recovery.

On another note, science is so fucking cool! 40-50 years ago you would have became a total cripple and could barely ever have walk again.
Thanks science! I can't believe some people still support creationism over evolution when seeing medical/science (man made) miracle like that.
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

Xphazer wrote:Wish you full and speedy recovery.

On another note, science is so fucking cool! 40-50 years ago you would have became a total cripple and could barely ever have walk again.
Thanks science! I can't believe some people still support creationism over evolution when seeing medical/science (man made) miracle like that.
And 100 years ago my leg would have been amputated and i would have likely died from either the shock or blood loss :o .
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

And a bottle of whiskey for anaesthetic if you were lucky 8-)
Glad to see you are on the mend ..
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Oh wow!!! That's some serious hardware in your leg bro. Thanks for the pics and I hope you keep mending at a good pace. WOW
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

Nextelhalo wrote:Oh wow!!! That's some serious hardware in your leg bro. Thanks for the pics and I hope you keep mending at a good pace. WOW
Its healing well but still another 4 weeks before i can put any weight on it.
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

Major update . Its been just over 3 months since having surgery and on Thursdays physio appointment i got the ok to drive and ditch the boot.
Still have months of physio but movement has improved since starting physio , it was so good to get behind the wheel again.
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

working that accelerator will be like physio good excuse for a road trip or a good drive in the country?
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

professor_jonny wrote:working that accelerator will be like physio good excuse for a road trip or a good drive in the country?
Already planned a boys night out in the bush ,a big fire some booze and a few friends - and maybe some weed ;)
xman

Post by xman »

bigkidoz wrote: Already planned a boys night out in the bush ,a big fire some booze and a few friends
That's for therapy. :shock:
bigkidoz wrote: - and maybe some weed ;)
And that is for pain relief. :lol:

Dr. Me :ugeek: agrees with your two pronged approach.
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

Not to be outdone the missus decided that appendicitis was a good one to get so yesterday arvo she went into hospital for tests, this morning they confirmed that her appendix was coming out which was done about 2hrs ago.
Resting and should be home tomorrow.
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Dang man, stop falling apart over there!!! J/K, glad to hear surgery went well, speedy recovery.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

Yeah this year has been pretty f'd up, hopefully smooth sailing from here on in.
xman

Post by xman »

Sounds like you could use some rest and relaxation on the farm.
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

xman wrote:Sounds like you could use some rest and relaxation on the farm.
As long as its not the funny farm :)
xman

Post by xman »

Four weeks ago I was down the farm for a seven day period with big expectations of completing the false ceiling so it was ready for painting. After 4 days of heavy ladder work, going up and down about 4 steps over the 4 days, I noticed my right knee was starting to ache. Not letting this "minor irritation" stop what I had planned, I continued to work for the further 3 days. On the last day I could hardly walk on the right leg. I drove home, using the cruise control were I could and thought that was the end of it after a couple of days rest at home. Wrong, after two days of not being able to use the leg, I went to the doctor. He prescribed "Gout". WTF, OK. Off to the chemist and got his script that consisted of 100 gout tablets. I'm no doctor but after two days nothing was getting better so I went back to the doctor and told him it isn't gout. He then sent me off for an XRay. OK, I'm play your silly game I thought. Needless to say, other than the expected wear of cartilage due to age and motorbike riding, nothing showed up. Finally he sent me off for an MRI scan. Not so much a waste of time this time. The scan showed old tearing on the outer side of the right knee but new tearing on the inner side. It was mainly the inner side that was causing the most amount of pain. Expecting the worst, an immediate operation, I was relieved to hear him say, " Stay off your legs and rest for 3 weeks". Not an easy task but better than an operation I thought. Anyway, after 3 weeks I am now just starting to walk trying not to limp. It still gives grief if I walk for long periods but it is healing. It now appears to get better by the day and hopefully after another week it will be normal. I think next farm visit I'll have my boys doing the majority of the ladder work and painting. I really don't want to live through this again.
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

Its not easy being off your feet when you get to our age.