One box to rule them all. An FTP in reverse

Here you can discuss things that are not directly related to running or using XBMC4XBOX.
Nezza

One box to rule them all. An FTP in reverse

Post by Nezza »

Hi

I want to use my mac mini as a one box media centre with xbmc as the front end. I have an xbox with xbmc and emulators. Is it possible to ftp the emulators from the xbox to the mac and play games on the mac and if so how is it done.

:D
Smoozilla

Re: One box to rule them all. An FTP in reverse

Post by Smoozilla »

You wouldn't be able to play xbox emulators on your mac for the same reason you can't run windows applications on your mac, incompatible architecture. BUT you can find emulators for the mac and you can share the ROMs between xbox and mac. Check out theisozone for a mac built emulator, I would imagine they have sonething.
Nezza

Post by Nezza »

Thanks. That's all I need. But as i understand it the games on the xbox aren't in a standard form eg roms. Any advice anyone?
Smoozilla

Post by Smoozilla »

Not the Xbox titles, like GTA Vice City. But all of the ROMs I have in NES, for example, work on any and all emulators. These ROM files are the data contained in those old plastic cartridges, i.e. the game.

You *might* be able to emulate Xbox isos, though don't quote me I've never looked into it.