Plex on Xbox One and 360

Here you can discuss things that are not directly related to running or using XBMC4XBOX.
cashonly

Plex on Xbox One and 360

Post by cashonly »

These pretzels are making me thirsty!
hawsey

Re: Plex on Xbox One and 360

Post by hawsey »

Good stuff :-) I seem to be using plex more than ever now.
The 360 app is great as all those 360s people leave to gather dust will potentially have a new lease of life.
My new tv came with plex built in and it is much easier for my wife and son to use but is not without glitches as some movies will not scan.
cashonly

Post by cashonly »

i find anoing that you need to setup a plex sererv. they should leave that optional and let plex app work as stand allone.
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

suppose this stops me using my 360 i got as a garage doorstop.

Would rather get the profile completed for plex to use with the original xbox tbh

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

Indeed if plex server could work with the original xbox it would be good, central storage and library along with trans-coding .... I just dont have tinkering time at the moment.... my house has very little of its roof on and the winter is heading in FAST! :shock:
sixties keith

Post by sixties keith »

plexbmc is on the xbox and works. the problem is its no better than windows smb as it will only play what the xbox can handle. it also doesnt support fanart of gdm.

I have got an xbmc profile created and once plex starts on xbox it picks that profile up, the problem is it still doesnt transcode as im finding it hard to get the require info for the profile and have little working knowledge of it :(

120gb hdd, vinyl magma skin, front lights, side strip lights, clear jewel mod with lights, ir dongle mod, hdd indicator. X3 with LCD many mods inc custom x3 jewel.