No 3D vision for Restless

Here you can discuss things that are not directly related to running or using XBMC4XBOX.
restless

No 3D vision for Restless

Post by restless »

Recently bought a 27" 144hz monitor for gaming and yesterday my 3D vision 2 glasses turned up.

End of the setup I am asked what do I see in this mess of dots. It gives you a choice the mess or the mess with a square. I chose mess and I got this " 3D health test failed please see an eye doctor 3D will be disabled. "

Weird I went back and chose other option. Played battlefield 4 and didn't think all that much of it. I ran the test and had a couple of mates look at it. One with good eyesight and another like me with glasses. They could both see the square in the image.

So i searched and I searched. After tea I searched some more and found the answer. I have a Lazy eye. Turns out because of my lazy eye I can't see sterostropic images correctly - I guess similar with those magic images that I could never shit in no matter how hard I stared at em

Well that sucked. £120 down the swanny. But the monitor. 144hz is still a great thing for gaming purposes

So. Anyone else have problems with 3D?
GhostlyGamer

Re: No 3D vision for Restless

Post by GhostlyGamer »

Go to eye doctor and fix lazy eye? Get 3D vision?

On a serious note, I can see some intervals of the 144hz through the glasses, and it ends up giving me a headache, take the glasses off and the headache is instantly gone.
restless

Post by restless »

GhostlyGamer wrote:Go to eye doctor and fix lazy eye? Get 3D vision?

On a serious note, I can see some intervals of the 144hz through the glasses, and it ends up giving me a headache, take the glasses off and the headache is instantly gone.
I take the health warning quite serious therefore I am not using them. Been suffering from migraines in the past, not had many since quitting drinking but I dont want any more
Xphazer

Post by Xphazer »

I can't stand 3D, instant headache. I spoke about it to my ophthalmologist and she told me that the problem was not the eyes but the brain.
In my case it's how the brain deal with interpreting this "fake 3D".

I have not try an Oculus Rift yet and I hope I'll be able to use it. :/

And same thing for me about those stupid images, I could never saw a single of them.
restless

Post by restless »

Damn. I was gonna ask you do you wana buy them hahahah
restless

Post by restless »

Serious though. I guess with me its a combo cause the eye being lazy the brain is taking in images at different speeds or such. Well I'll just have to be happy with 144hz ref rate
xman

Post by xman »

I say piss off the 27" monitor and get a big arse 100" projector screen and projector. Battlefield 4 never is as good as seeing life sizes Harshys running at you there for the shooting. No more squinting, hell, take off the glasses. Get yourself one of those 360 shotguns from the "Dangerous Hunts" gun and game packages and have a ball. :D
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

my brother has some glases with lcd screens on each eye and it is aparaently equalivant to a 100" screen so he says.
He raves on about them.
we mock him as he keeps on waving his head around like stevie wonder playing games on his pc :-)

I had some stereo scopic glases for my amiga 1200 that plugs in to a special socket on the graphics card.
It was 20 years ago that came out and it was an experience like no other back then, it was like waving a black card infront of your face trying to play a game, strangly enough I have never really tried any 3d stuff since then.