Show us Your Daily Driver.

Here you can discuss things that are not directly related to running or using XBMC4XBOX.
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: Show us Your Daily Driver.

Post by BuZz »

spicemuseum wrote:
LastGeeko wrote:@spicemuseum
Hahaha good one :D
It's no joke, matter of fact, my daily driver works for First Great Western.

165 pictured at Didcot Parkway, just for BuZz.
:lol:
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

IMAG0161.jpg
Found another shot... here she is getting the obligatory software upgrade! :D
xman

Post by xman »

GhostlyGamer wrote:
feet.jpg
That's an early model isn't it but the optional socks gives it a bit of a lift. Any performance mods in the wind like trimming the toe nails for a bit more speed etc?.
Maybe a good set of tires like Niks or even jack the back up with a set of high heals. Lots of potential anyway. :lol:
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

xman wrote:
GhostlyGamer wrote:
feet.jpg
That's an early model isn't it but the optional socks gives it a bit of a lift. Any performance mods in the wind like trimming the toe nails for a bit more speed etc?.
Maybe a good set of tires like Niks or even jack the back up with a set of high heals. Lots of potential anyway. :lol:

Yeah i got the Nailtrim Mod for a bit more stability in the wind, and the socks are just for interior comfort, i got some offroad tires on these babies and man do they grip :lol:
xman

Post by xman »

GhostlyGamer wrote: Yeah i got the Nailtrim Mod for a bit more stability in the wind, and the socks are just for interior comfort, i got some offroad tires on these babies and man do they grip :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Cool.
eXo

Post by eXo »

professor_jonny wrote:
GhostlyGamer wrote:
feet.jpg
lol we cal that the waiwai express in new zealand (maori for legs).

lol - we call it the 'foot falcon' in oz.. falcon being the Ford Falcon (cause they always break down)
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

i have a work in progress car been in the works for 6 years.

i have a 1992 toyota sprinter marino that is fitted with a silvertop 4age 20v double overhead cam quad throttle body engine.

i have fitted slightly larger cams with a longer duration nothing silly tho as i plan to turbo it.
it has a 3 paddle solid centre puk clutch ballanced internals hbeam rods and standard pistons and arp studs all round.

in my bedroom i have a link plus g3 engine managment computer, a nitrometh water injection kit, a wide band 02 controller, 4 single coil packs with internal ignitors, 4 655cc injectors.

in the garage i have a massive inter cooler far to big for the car but i got it cheap and i have a garett t25g bushed turbo, as the car has vvt and a 13to 1 compression ratio i did not need a big turbo to produce lots of boost (6-9lbs) to make decent power which shuld roll in around 200 to 250hp at the wheels which is good in such a light car and still maintain drivability at low revs.

in the car i have fitted a fuel regulator and a walbro 500hp in tank fuel pump.

my car is painted a red/ marone colour with an artesian flake and a very minor pearl to make the glod flake stand out more.

i have 2 sets of feet both are avanti fulid 4*18" wheels one set silver one set white the siler set has a different offset, i have gt monroe gas dual rate fixed shocks with a 50mm lowering kit i have fitted cusko camber plates to the front with a -2 degree camber to bring the camber back into spek with the lowering kit mucking up the geometry a bit and adjusted the tie rods at the rear.

i have fitted zenotelli over sized slotted and cross drilled rotors to the front and put on 4 pot calipers from a different model of car and lathed the rotors down to fit them replacing the brake bias valve with an adjustable one at the same time.

the interious is all stock apart from the stereo with a pioneer head unit sub speakers and a fusion amp im over the stereo now and it hardly ever gets used as i dont do much cruzing any more.

when the weather permits ill take pictures
xman

Post by xman »

That thing sounds like a monster but one that can stop, handle and go as well. Turbo, please don't put one of those loud pop off values on it aye. :roll: I had junior in the black car yesterday and this thing pulled up beside that I'll swear not one panel had the colour of another on this car. Lights change and I took off as normal when I take the black car out and this is making all sorts of noises beside me. I wasn't racing but this thing is and it's hitting this pop off valve big time, coughing it sounds like barking shit all over my car. I reckon this guy spent every cent on this car on panels and that pop off valve. Questions, what fuel will you have to run and will you drag it?.
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

it will be pump gas 98 but if i run out of meth/water for the cooler spray i might have to switch maps in the ecu and retard the ignition and reduce the boost but it depends on how it goes when they tune it i might not have to do that if i dont pump the boost to high a knock control unit is on my list to buy :-).

the meth was suggested to reduce pinking as the compression is quite high other option would be to fit lower compression pistons but then whole concept of vvt is lost and drops driveability in the low range.

its will have flat shift but im umming and aring about antilag as it will kill the turbo but would be cool to have.

we are sort of a car family my brother has a classic mini hot house green zmax body kit and it is tricked out with a cros flow head 45 quad throttles with fuel injection bodies td04 turbo yamaha double valve springs scattercam 1.5to 1 roller rockers bored and stroked to 1680cc and a link g3 then on top of that he has a straight cut jackknight 5 speed dog box (no sincros) which really is a nice when you are driving in it.
it havs been in several mags in nz they pick it up on a truck and pay him to have in in car shows

it pulls i the range of 250hp which is leithal in a mini and is a streetable daily 1st gear gets to 110 km so it is a pain to drive in town but a lot better since it was injected.

my other brother has a few cars cars a cyborg 4x4 with a 2 litre turbo gsr engine and his pride and joy a toyota ae86 with a soon to be 3sge engine in it he spent mega bikies on it so far fiber glass this and that chasi strengthing etc it is not even painted or rolling and he has spent 20 k on it importing all trd bits from japan for it.

i know its a bit of a bug brought on by dad who was a motor bike and side car swinger in the speed way he had a old indian 500cc single popa bike direct drive nitro meth and we grew up with that thing reving up at night times in the garage.

funny thing is he use to get the cows in on it every night until he put his foot peg through his ankle one day.
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

My daily driver is 98 Mitsubishi Galant Sport Edition (The VR-4 lookalike)

Yellow koni adjustable dampers, H&R lowering springs. Super VR-4 canards, custom air filter, front and rear strut bracers, custom sound system and some more details.

Never argue with an idiot! First he brings you down to his level, then he beats you with experience.
RoyalX

Post by RoyalX »

@LudviG
I love it. That is because I drive a Mitsubishi Galant too.
But you got some nice rims.
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

RoyalX wrote:@LudviG
I love it. That is because I drive a Mitsubishi Galant too.
But you got some nice rims.
TY :)

This is actually my 4th Galant. My first 2 Galants where 87', then i had a 95' and now this one :)

I am actually the leader of the Norwegian Mitsubishi Club, and i truly love my car. It is a special edition that was only sold in Germany for 6 monthe :)

Some more pics, most old ones without the latest mods:

And for those who may be interested, here is an album that shows the progress of the sound system:
http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/gg14 ... on/Anlegg/
Never argue with an idiot! First he brings you down to his level, then he beats you with experience.
SquirlKiller

Post by SquirlKiller »

I like the radio, fits in perfectly. Is that vinyl carbon fiber or real?
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

This is my daily driver, TDI discovery or the weather is good i'll ride the bike.

Bike is lots of fun especially now that i can program the ECU with my laptop :D
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

Nice to see your running round in some good "pome" motors there mate! - Makes up for all the aussie wine I drink over here! :lol:
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

Geeba wrote:Nice to see your running round in some good "pome" motors there mate! - Makes up for all the aussie wine I drink over here! :lol:
I love my landy, not into rice burners or the usual hum drum falcons or commodores and once i find a practical vehicle i keep it till it dies.
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
xman

Post by xman »

bigkidoz wrote:
Geeba wrote:Nice to see your running round in some good "pome" motors there mate!
Not so quick there tiger,

Image[/quote]
One good Pommy vehicle doesn't make up for the stupid ones though. Imagine BKO's Landy hitting some fool in this thing. How in the hell did the designer of this thing get it past the safety requirements?. I know suburbs around here that if you drove that thing down the road, you would get egged and as your drove further down the road, the eggs would progress to bricks simply for being a fool driving that thing. I have 2 policy with vehicles I choose that I go by .......
.No 1- size is safety no matter how many air bags you have
.No 2- don't drive something that makes you look the fool
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

1 good motor? thats a Disco and a Triumph!

How can you knock British motors on a C5? it was made and designed 30 years ago! years ahead of its time.. it was classed as a push bike too... look at the fuss with electric cars these days Sir Clive Sinclair was years ahead in thinking, blokes a legend!

There have been some pretty poor British cars over the years I agree, I've owned some of them too.. but theres been some dam good ones....

We dont really have a motor industry now... its all owned by the Germans and Indians - Mini (BWM) Rolls Royce (BMW) Jaguar Land Rover (TATA) .... well except for AC Cars, Aston Martin, Bristol, Ariel, Caterham, Ascari, Ginetta, Marcos, Morgan and McLaren.... of course :) and the UK is the home of F1

Most of my cars have been German thou... I was a Golf GTI freak...
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Got a chance to run an 05 GTO LS2 on friday, Merica vs Stralia daily drivers

Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
r32crazy01

Post by r32crazy01 »

I have a typical Nissan Primera as a daily, but here is my weekend car a R32 Skyline GTR (hence my user name).