Show us Your Daily Driver.

Here you can discuss things that are not directly related to running or using XBMC4XBOX.
xman

Show us Your Daily Driver.

Post by xman »

Actually any car you may have. Doesn't need to be the prettiest or the quickest it's more about what you get around in. Should be interesting to see the different vehicles from all the countries of our members all around the world. What you like about it and what pisses you off about it such as, "it's a good car in winter but in summer it gets hot and shits itself on the side of the road". Anything you have plans to do with the car in the future to make it uniquely yours would also be interesting. Get the idea guys?. Go for it. ;)
eXo

Re: Show us Your Daily Driver.

Post by eXo »

hello from QLD xman, my car has only 2 wheels (Yamaha r1) although it's good in summer its more cumbersome in winter with all the extra gear you gotta throw on :-/... but for $25/pw in fuel you just can't go wrong with aussie fuel prices !
Attachments
20120816_194014 800x600.jpg
xman

Post by xman »

Mmmm R1 and I bet it absolutely hammers like all R1s do. Bloody nice bike. Ow and $25/pw., I've had cars that have gone through that much in an hour driving them sedately. :oops: I had an XR 500 that I used off road for many years and really enjoyed that but me on the road and a quick bike I think would be a short term proposition. :shock: I hate being beaten on the road and with that bike I don't think much would beat it. :D
eXo

Post by eXo »

though that is true for this type of bike, you just have to follow the rule of thumb which is.. everyones a d!ckh3ad! that way you start to see who's not paying attention while driving :-/

I wouldn't mind also getting a road/trail bike to runn around in also so I can do more ambitious moves in the dirt as opposed to the road but for now I've gotta get all my road gear together before I start hitting the track.

Ohh.. and geek factor for this bike? I wouldn't mind porting XBMC via a Raspberry PI board on it if I find the time to put it together :-)
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

eXo wrote:hello from QLD xman, my car has only 2 wheels
is not really a car then you silly wabbit. ;-)
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

My DD for now, need to get my Jeep going again so I can save the mileage on Stella. Hopefully one day she'll see a Cam/Heads/LS6 intake install but that's alot of $$$$$$$$

2000 Camaro SS, LS1, Lid, ported MAF, Catback with Moroso Spiral Flow Muffler, Hurst short shifter, BMR Shock Tower brace, EGR & AIR delete.

Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

AwesomeNurd

Post by AwesomeNurd »

@spicemuseum

Hahaha good one :D
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

LastGeeko wrote:@spicemuseum
Hahaha good one :D
It's no joke, matter of fact, my daily driver works for First Great Western.

165 pictured at Didcot Parkway, just for BuZz.
xman

Post by xman »

This is my city daily driver. Haven't done anything to it as the dealer modded it prior to me buying it such as tires and rims, exhaust and being a 2012 model, to young for me to go ripping it apart. By the way, black really is an arse of a color to keep clean-
And this is my country daily driver. I've installed a set of Kolpit gun holders, IQ headlight bulbs, towbar. I gave it a desert army camo paint job, "Loktite" on all the bolts, enlarged the battery compartment for the large amp battery, 12v outlet socket for the UHF radio to plug in and to run 12 volt accessories like spot lights, winches, pumps, etc and this doubles as the solar recharge port. I modded the clutch to suicide so it's either on or off with no freeplay. Like to get a proper comp clutch in there one day because this clutch can still slip towing the trailer with a passenger, ( especially when their a fat cunt), up hills. Heavy duty Oring chain, ( I snapped the original one). Fitted a collection of aftermarket "Hokky Straps" :lol: . Oww and also fitted the aftermarket Italian 6 shot lever action shotgun. On the "still to do list", I'd like to install an after market "milk crate" :lol: for extra storage and an axe holder.-
eXo

Post by eXo »

man thats a wicked quad!!!

I want to something similar for the old mans farm but its gotta be kid friendly during christmas else I'd get that exact same setup as you!. Im currently looking at the yamaha quads but what do u recommend that wont kill my wallet in the long run?
xman

Post by xman »

It's an Australianised Chinese quad. Cost was $1850. I took it home and stripped it and then rebuilt it, replacing bolts with high tensile bolts and Loktite on all the nuts so they wouldn't come loose. Oiled all the cables so rust wouldn't end them quickly. Hydrolic discs front and back were a good plus. Motor is a 250 Honda clone that I had worked on heaps in my old trail bike days. XL / XR Honda. Gearbox is the same but one extra gear in the gearbox makes 1st gear become reverse. Don't know a Honda that had it but the provision was in the casting so I guess Honda had thought of it. Larger CFM carby than Honda used so the motor does go harder than the Hondas did. Power pipe was standard and is quite loud. Parts are super cheap which is another big plus...CDI unit is $10 and will go straight in any Honda single dirt bike and Honda ask $175 and offer no warranty. Body plastic complete set was $100 and Honda quad plastics are near non existent. I replaced the Chinese chain after it broke with a Japanese ORing chain and that chain was $120 but it won't break. This machine works hard for me and I really can't complain. I give a lot of feedback to my importer, the one I bought this quad off and a few others and he tells the Chinese who really listen and are quick to respond with parts being modded and new machines coming out with the required mods already, something that just doesn't happen with Jap brands. These guys are actually part of a quad racing team that want to dominate the racing scene. Things that would make it a better machine would be larger diameter rims and tires as it hits the sump guard jumping logs but being low makes it extremely stable when sliding it. It also doesn't have a reserve in the fuel tank so no 2nd go should you run out so I always check the fuel before going down the back of the farm. I've run out once and that sucked walking back. :evil: Rear shock could be harder because it bottoms out when I jump the quad. I would have liked a Yamaha Grizzly as my farm work horse but at $12000, I'd of only had only 1 machine and I really wanted a couple of quads for visitors and friends that visit. Glad I did go this way. If you should go this way, change the oil before you use it as it really is crap oil and had a lot of crap in it so they aren't real thorough cleaning the block after the machining process. ;) and as with all singles, change the oil regularly. Here's a link to the supplier in Australia-
http://www.elstars.com.au/products/elst ... 90f10aed18
CapedCrusader

Post by CapedCrusader »

So, here is my 1994 Audi B4. Runs on petrol and LPG. Old, but comfortable and reliable, as long as you spend a couple of hundred $ on repairs every year. I just got back from a Croatian coast holiday (1500 km/ 930 miles one way) without any problems.
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

feet.jpg
asbo

Post by asbo »

GhostlyGamer wrote:
feet.jpg
:lol: ditto
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

GhostlyGamer wrote:
feet.jpg
lol we cal that the waiwai express in new zealand (maori for legs).
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

What are people using to upload images?
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

Geeba wrote:What are people using to upload images?
Under the posting area, there is a thing that says upload attachments, pence you do that, there is a "place inline" button.
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

IMG_20120811_095229.jpg

Mines the Audi A4 in the background! LOL!

Hmmm picture has come out really small :(
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

Geeba wrote: Hmmm picture has come out really small :(
just click on it, get full size