Show us Your Daily Driver.

Here you can discuss things that are not directly related to running or using XBMC4XBOX.
xman

Re: Show us Your Daily Driver.

Post by xman »

Every time I see my neighbor down the farm's Range Rover I think of your beast BKO. Visually, just a high lift kit but that motor sound, music to my ears. It's nearly as nice to hear as his super charged 350 in his jeep he gets around his property in. I'll see if I can grab some pics of them in action. Last time I spoke to him, the jeep had a cracked chassis he needed to weld up but last week I heard it going again so I figure his fixed it by now.
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

Nextelhalo wrote:Hell yeah PJ, that's a badass project. What's the weight of that car? With those mods you should be pulling all the modern muscle around (stock).
i think it is 1050kg kerb weight but my wheels weigh a bit more than the factory 16" allloy rims but i have a bigger battery so im guessing about there somewhere.

it is pulling 160 hp as standard but as im running an beefed up compression compression and higher lift cams and an under drive pulley kit i suspect it is a little bit more but not at it's potential until i get the computer in it to tune it.

It really pulls away as it is varable cam and a farly light flywheel it likes revs it is really good for passing, knock it back 2 gears and put the foot down :-)

rev cut cuts in a 9.5krpm but it top gear it cuts in at 8.5 so it limits the top speed to 240 :-)
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

professor_jonny wrote:i think it is 1050kg curb weight but my wheels weigh a bit more than the factory 16" allloy rims but i have a bigger battery so im guessing about there somewhere.
:shock: That's a lite car, think I'm around 1600kg or heavier. When you get that thing finished it will be a hell of a roll racer.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

my little brother has a mini mini clubman it has a bored and stroked engine cross flow double over head cam fuel injected turbo.
it is fitted with a close ratio 4 speed straight cut gearbox i believe it is around 200hp at the wheels i have never been in something so quick.

1st gear at top revs gets the car up to 120km and every gear from then on is really close to keep it in the power band and really has some top end it spinns the wheels if you drop the clutch between gears even driving at 100km and it has 8" wide wheels at the front.

ill have to post some picks it really is a show car and has been in several mags and they pick it up on truck and pay him to put it in car shows.
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Stumbled across this today, figured some folks could use it to give they're DD some spice

Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
Debug kit untouched
2 Bunny

driver reply

Post by 2 Bunny »

1998 Park Ave
Buick Park Ave
Buick Park Ave
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

Not quite a daily driver but a new addition to the fleet, 1974 1800 Kombi. First mod is some Audi A4 16"rims then fit out as a minimal camper with a poptop, will also get a respray in original yellow with a white two tone effect from the waistline up.
20131207_173438.jpg
20131216_144217.jpg
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
mrmajikbus45

Post by mrmajikbus45 »

That is a kick ass bus!
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own. -Solid Snake
American as Guile!
Get your Chimp on!
xman

Post by xman »

Pretty cool but not as cool as your Land Rover I'm afraid. Good to see no peace symbols or flowers on it. When I pass a Volksi Kombi, I always expect to see some hippy with an unkempt beard and unwashed hair at the wheel on his way to Byron Bay or Mullumbimbi to hunt for magic mushies. :D
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

Its more fun to drive on the road but yeah not as good as the Landy offroad.
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Another round of runs against the GTO. He's got an intake this time plus alittle weight reduction and i've done some suspension work and put a drag radial on the back. Love my DD :D

Last edited by Xphazer on Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed YT link :)
Debug kit untouched
xman

Post by xman »

Man that Camaro of yours sounds nice. Grab some pictures of it and the motor soon aye. Pity they stopped the 2 door run of those GTOs that in turn stopped production of them here, they had so much potential but we still make 4 door versions here. Just late week the wife and I got an invite to take the latest Walkinshaw version for a test drive solely because we bought the black commodore from the local HSV dealer that also is the Walkishaw dealer. It didn't work out as I planned to take one for a test drive and instead we bought a Subaru from the dealer next door to the Holden dealer. This is one of the Walkinshaw Commodores I'm still kicking myself for not taking for a drive.

Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Man that thing is so badass. Been looking at Pontiac G8's for a daily driver but they're getting pricey for the good ones now that they're not made anymore. I do see Holden clones popping up around town here, no right hand drive's but body kits and badges and what not. Only have a few pictures but they're not current, a couple of months ago I was rear ended by a girl on her cell phone and there was enough damage to total the car. Funny thing is if your standing 15 feet away you could never tell it was in a wreck yet it was a total loss. I bought it back from the insurance company for $900 and now have $5000 to play with. I'll get the body work done and then it's getting a cam and supporting mods to go faster. The car now sits about 1.25 inches lower than the pic below thanks to some fantastic BMR springs. I"ll take some more after the body work is complete.

Debug kit untouched
TheGeekoid

Post by TheGeekoid »

Mines a 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood, though i have three more years to go before i can actually drive it since im 13. The funny thing is ive seen Toyota pickups that didnt have as much horsepower as this car :lol:
Rule number one, do NOT fly into a thunderstorm. Rule number two, if you fly into a thunderstorm, see rule number one.
nidge

Post by nidge »

Only bought a couple of weeks ago :)

http://www.theoriginalxboxshoppe.weebly.com
http://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Computers-and-Consoles

Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 500gb sata hard disk, 1ghz CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p, blue LED's.
Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 320gb sata hard disk, stock CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p.
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Sweet ride Nidge, I really like those seats. Looks sporty but look very comfy as well. Anytime I've driven a car that size I always have the urge to get going about 20-25mph and yank the Ebrake for a little fun :lol: I know it's not good for the tire but I'm sure you've done this in the past?
Debug kit untouched
xman

Post by xman »

Been looking for a replacement vehicle as the trusty commodore wagon is getting a bit high in the kilometers traveled. 215,000kms from a 2007 model is time to retire I think. While looking for a Turbo Diesel ute for myself, I come across this 2007 Holden Monaro or GTO as the US call them. A nice weekender but not suitable for my use but I took this picture for NextellHalo. Only 50,000kms but $38000 shows they are holding there value here.
I ended up buying this Turbo Diesel Ute so this is now my daily driver.
It's a nice truck I think that goes well, just needed a few things like a bull bar for the kangaroos and wombats I'm likely to hit driving back and forth to the farm.
I'm having cruise control and a light bar fitted this week that will go in front of the radiator so I can see at night and the radio is being replaced for a DVD player. Other than that, upgrade the original headlights for Xenon bulbs so I can see on low beam without the light bar on and that should be about it. This is my first turbo diesel vehicle after only ever having gas or petrol powered vehicles and it's also a manual.
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Thanks for the pic Xman, that's a badass ride. I've never seen one in that color before, is that a factory color over there? Your right that would not do so well on your ranch, but if you've got the land you should lay down a 1/4 or 1/8 mile strip of track and have some fun.
Debug kit untouched
xman

Post by xman »

Yer it was a factory colour here. This was the next model GTO being designed till you guys pulled the pin on Pontiac.
This is one you guys never saw. Only 2 sold here.
http://www.caradvice.com.au/11677/austr ... e-hrt-427/
And I don't think these ones were exported. YouTube clip does it more justice I think. Yes it is all wheel drive. Called the Coupe4 out here...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OKz3pJJPvg.
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

That is by far one of the coolest looking cars I've ever seen. As an ex-Trans Am owner I was pissed when they pulled the plug on Pontiac, made no sense to me. That AWD GTO is the tits too, you guys ended up with all the good stuff over there.
Debug kit untouched