Show us Your Daily Driver.

Here you can discuss things that are not directly related to running or using XBMC4XBOX.
sealeysonic

Re: Show us Your Daily Driver.

Post by sealeysonic »

My Vauxhall/Opel Calibra

Xbmc playing Mp3`s in the car

Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

That sir is a thing of beauty, rarely see those in the states but when I do I get whiplash every time :lol:
r32crazy01 wrote:I have a typical Nissan Primera as a daily, but here is my weekend car a R32 Skyline GTR (hence my user name).

@Sealysonic- Nice job on adding the monitor to the car, how did you set it all up? Been wanting to do this but I dont have a good spot for a screen in my car. I was thinking perhaps I could install the xbox and a small WIFI router, then just run the xbox from my droid phone over the network. Any thoughts?
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
r32crazy01

Post by r32crazy01 »

@Nextelhalo - Cheers, we are lucky in New Zealand its easy to road register almost any Jap import. Your Camaro looks like a beauty aswell, and some very tasteful modifications.
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

My new and old daily driver:

Never argue with an idiot! First he brings you down to his level, then he beats you with experience.
sealeysonic

Post by sealeysonic »

@Sealysonic- Nice job on adding the monitor to the car, how did you set it all up? Been wanting to do this but I dont have a good spot for a screen in my car. I was thinking perhaps I could install the xbox and a small WIFI router, then just run the xbox from my droid phone over the network. Any thoughts?

Im going to start a Thread on this soon mate.
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Badass, thank you sir.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
Debug kit untouched
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

sealeysonic wrote:@Sealysonic- Nice job on adding the monitor to the car, how did you set it all up? Been wanting to do this but I dont have a good spot for a screen in my car. I was thinking perhaps I could install the xbox and a small WIFI router, then just run the xbox from my droid phone over the network. Any thoughts?

Im going to start a Thread on this soon mate.
I think a uni remote would work easier than having a router and using a phone, my problem also where to put a screen. Only suitable place is above the front seats on the roof with a flip for the passengers to view as there is no room for a double din unit in my Discovery.
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

I was thinking the same thing but since my space is limited in the Camaro i'm thinking I might not even use a screen. I was thinking i'd just have it power up and connect to everything and then just use it for music. But......that would be kinda stupid since i've got a good head unit with a 320GB hard drive plugged into it. BUT I WANT AN XBOX IN CAR!!!!!!!!!!!
Debug kit untouched
spinnersp

Post by spinnersp »

You can get a head unit with a 6"-7" retractable screen, that'll fit in to a single din
xman

Post by xman »

I'm thinking these would look good in the Nextell Camaro...........
For the driver-
http://dx.com/p/universal-7-0-lcd-rearv ... 12v-120234
For the front passenger swinging down from the roof of the glovebox-
http://dx.com/p/7-tft-lcd-car-video-sta ... ack-137701
And for the Nextellettes in the back seats-
http://dx.com/p/7-0-tft-car-headrest-mo ... ece-138442

I use a 9" LCD in the glovebox and it runs real well as does the headrest ones but my headrests have a DVDplayer in each as well so the brats don't argue and also wireless to headphones that come with the kit so each can watch there own movie or whatever and the wife and I hear nothing but silent bliss. Comes in handy on those long trips down the farm
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Wow so does that rear view mirror monitor take away the rear view mirror all together? I like the idea of a flip up LCD that fits in a 1.5 din but if i'm ripping through the gears i dont want to rip my fist through the screen :o otherwise known as the "radio punch mod"
Debug kit untouched
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

Nextelhalo wrote:Wow so does that rear view mirror monitor take away the rear view mirror all together? I like the idea of a flip up LCD that fits in a 1.5 din but if i'm ripping through the gears i dont want to rip my fist through the screen :o otherwise known as the "radio punch mod"
Like my old 2dr range rover, gear lever was so long that each gear change your knuckles hit the dash, lucky the stereo was between the dash and the drivers door otherwise it would have been slammed.

Did a few more mods to my Disco, next up is a VNT turbo off a BMW X5 ;)

Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

That thing is a beast BKO, i would love to tear some shit up in that.
Debug kit untouched
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I must spend too much time working on free software as you all have better cars than me :)
nidge

Post by nidge »

Here's mine ;)
http://www.theoriginalxboxshoppe.weebly.com
http://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Computers-and-Consoles

Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 500gb sata hard disk, 1ghz CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p, blue LED's.
Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 320gb sata hard disk, stock CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p.
onthatB0MBSHELL

Post by onthatB0MBSHELL »

Mine.
uploadfromtaptalk1381088580053.jpg
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Very nice Bombshell, always like the 350's and the 370's.
Debug kit untouched
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

professor_jonny (1).jpg
professor_jonny2 (1).jpg
here you can just catch the aliminum main drive pulley and under drive alternator kit as if im going to rev to 12k i dont want the alternator starving my power or blowing apart :-) but sadly i have problems with the battery going flat as it gets nannaed too much in town.
professor_jonny1 (1).jpg
professor_jonny3 (1).jpg
here is my car it is a bit of a work in progress and has been for some time.

it is a toyota sprinter marino 1992

it has a 4age 20valve motor with after market cams hbeam rods pistons and a ballanced and knife edged crank with the oil gallerys plugged and cross drilled.

it also has a 3 paddle brass button clutch with a solid centre and a lightened factory flywheel i think it is 3.5kg in weight down from 7.

i have a garret 28g turbo to go on it with a big ass intercooler, wideband 02 controller, link+ g3 engine managment computer running 5 bar map sensor and it also has a nitrometh water injection pump and spray nozzles as im running 13.5 :1 compression and intend to run 14psi which will produce some serious power and be very streetable.

i have quad injector packs with built in ignitors as i had to go this way to get the revs to go beyond 10k and i had to provide a large capicator to drive the powersupply for the ignitors to aviod fade at high rpm.

it is fitted with zenotelli cross drilled and slotted rotors and green stuff pads with dual rate munroe gt gas struts cusco camber plates, and some dual pot calipers from a different model car.

i have 4 550 cc injectors and to feed the sucker it has a 500hp walbro in tank subermsable pump.

im banking on 300-350hp at the wheels but we will see i guess it pinking becomes a problem i may have to reduce the boost getting 250-300hp.

dont expect it going soon it has been on going for 10 years so far :-)

i have 18" advanti white racing mags and an exzact set the same in silver (fitted) but they have a wider offset and clear thefront inner guards but cock up the rear geometry so the plan was to paint them all white and ues the wide ones on the fornt and the narrow ones at the rear to make the car easier to set up at the track as the factory front hubs are offset from the back ones for god knows what reason i think it is just a front wheel drive thing.

i have the zorst gasket and turbo flange lazer cut out ready to make the turbo manafold but i have to figure out whether i want antilag to spool the turbo off boost or just a screamer pipe setup which is ilegal here for road use.

you can just catch my work car in the back it is a jet black 2007 holden crewman a great car if you dont want to be able to afford to eat and it is gutless, for some reason the reduced the motor from 3.8 litre to 3.5 or something like that and say they tickled it up so it goes the same but i asure you they are wrong!!!

i think it is 12-17 litres per 100km my bosses v8 adventurer runs 8 to 12 per 100km and it is a 5.7 litre something does not add up to me?

on the roof of the car is a custom made stainless steel condiut and earth peg rack that i have useed it as a pineapple/potato gun and was a very fun experiment :-) we now call it the cannon i was going to get a sticker made for it.
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Hell yeah PJ, that's a badass project. What's the weight of that car? With those mods you should be pulling all the modern muscle around (stock).
Debug kit untouched
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

I recently bought a garret GT2260V VNT to fit to my Disco but i will have to build a manifold from scratch to fit it.