xbox 360

Here you can discuss things that are not directly related to running or using XBMC4XBOX.
evan_almighty

xbox 360

Post by evan_almighty »

I'm after a 360, but haven't a clue what I'm looking for.
I've not gone off the xbox classic, just after something for the kids to play newer games on.
I'd like to be able to mod it like the classic if at all possible.

Can someone give me some ideas from experience on what model I should go for, there seems to be so many, matt, glossy, slim, fat, elite, white, grey etc to choose from. Where does one start?

I'm uk based by the way.

Thanks
bigkidoz

Re: xbox 360

Post by bigkidoz »

If you go for a fat (white ) console then stick with one made in 2009 + or get a slim of any year/revision.
To mod will either be flash the dvd drive to play backups or RGH/ RGH2 or R-Jtag depending on model and dash kernel , wont be as good as the original xbox for media playing but for gaming there is a fair amount of homebrew and emulators available.
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
evan_almighty

Post by evan_almighty »

bigkidoz wrote:If you go for a fat (white ) console then stick with one made in 2009 + or get a slim of any year/revision.
To mod will either be flash the dvd drive to play backups or RGH/ RGH2 or R-Jtag depending on model and dash kernel , wont be as good as the original xbox for media playing but for gaming there is a fair amount of homebrew and emulators available.
Thanks bigkidoz
Is that the difference, a fat is white and the slims are newer black?
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

major differences are the safegaurds microsoft put in to stop hacking, the new black ones are much more difficult if not impossible to mod. id honestly say ask over on Xecuter forums because thats what they focus on now.
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

evan_almighty wrote:
bigkidoz wrote:If you go for a fat (white ) console then stick with one made in 2009 + or get a slim of any year/revision.
Thanks bigkidoz
Is that the difference, a fat is white and the slims are newer black?
Slim also came in white as well as LE models like the star wars one, easiest way to tell is the slims have a large vent over the cpu/gpu and the shape is different.

All model slims can now be modded with RGH or RGH2, only the new Xbox one is currently un hacked for now.
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
ellowmatetyler

Post by ellowmatetyler »

Every xbox 360 is hackable on the newest dash right now. I have a jasper with the bigger falcon heatsinks on it that I rjtaged on the newest dash. Ran like a champ untill about a month ago the gpu took a dump. I have a falcon I'm to put my chips in. Going to get it reballed before I put the chips in. Will prob have the guy that reballs it put the chips in for me
Using Tapatalk