LudviG's vintage stereo interest

Here you can discuss things that are not directly related to running or using XBMC4XBOX.
LudviG

LudviG's vintage stereo interest

Post by LudviG »

Tought i would share some about my interest in vintage stereo. It started out with wanting to bring back old memories, from the time almost every house had a decent stereo, and since this is Norway it was often of the brand Tandberg, a well known norwegian radio manufacturer making really good stereo equipment.

I bought a refurbished Tandberg Sølvsuper 11. It is the one on top in the next picture.

The one at the bottom is a Sølvsuper 12 i found at my mother in law. She gave it to me with som speakers. Itt Schaub Lorenz Korona K-70 and some Tandberg speakers:

After this the interest starting taking off. I found my dads old Lenco B55 turntable and got it refurbished:

I also bought a set of Grundig Audiorama 700 speakers:

ScanDyna 3000 wich is getting a refurbish atm:

The main amp now is a Tandberg Huldra 11. These are known for their amazing sound and punch. I will never get rid of this one, it is one of the best Tandbergs ever made. (The one at the bottom in the pic)

Today i got a Dual 522 Turntable, i am going to have at work:

Some random pics of the different setups i have had:

Never argue with an idiot! First he brings you down to his level, then he beats you with experience.
xboxprince

Re: LudviG's vintage stereo interest

Post by xboxprince »

Nice man really nice man, I have a few I guess one could say vintage speakers (late 80's early 90's), it's a bunch of mirage speakers Dont know if your familiar with them or not, but they're the Canadian made ones and they sound beautiful and I love them. I completely lost my mind when my dad got them for me this past chrismas :)!
project media center "part one" (working progress): 6tb trusty 1.4ghz + 128mb v1.4 Xbox water cooled pc case with xenium ice, LCD, HDMI out and optical out.
Heimdall

Post by Heimdall »

What's the Apple green vinyl?
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

xboxprince wrote:Nice man really nice man, I have a few I guess one could say vintage speakers (late 80's early 90's), it's a bunch of mirage speakers Dont know if your familiar with them or not, but they're the Canadian made ones and they sound beautiful and I love them. I completely lost my mind when my dad got them for me this past chrismas :)!
Never had anything to do with those speaker no, but i will have to check it out :) Please come with pics!
Never argue with an idiot! First he brings you down to his level, then he beats you with experience.
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

Heimdall wrote:What's the Apple green vinyl?
That is Beatles with Let It Be if i remember correct. It is a reprint, 180g vinyl.
asbo

Post by asbo »

oh wow I really love those sphere and cuboid speakers :)
We have some old stereo stuff a bit like that which I rescued from relatives who were just going to throw them away, I have no idea how good they are but they're from that period where everything was wood and shiny silver :)
LudviG wrote:
Heimdall wrote:What's the Apple green vinyl?
That is Beatles with Let It Be if i remember correct. It is a reprint, 180g vinyl.
Reminded me of this [url]hhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Corps_v_Apple_Computer[/url], my favourite part:
As a condition of the settlement, Apple Computer agreed not to enter the music business, and Apple Corps agreed not to enter the computer business.
:lol:
LudviG

Post by LudviG »

Asbo, please come with more info. There is always interesting to hear whar people got :)
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

I love that turntable LudviG
asbo

Post by asbo »

This was my Granddads, he was throwing it away so I rescued it. Its got a cassette player and a record deck on top, and a radio tuner. I doubt its anything special but it still works so it just seemed wrong to let it get thrown away, plus I like the shiny silver :)

There are also two radio amp combos in the loft which I think are from the 70's, one is my Dads which we used until it stopped working and the other was my great uncles(I think) which still works, unfortunately I can't remember their make or anything and I physically can't go up there to look. I'll try and remember to ask if anyone goes up there any time soon :)
xboxprince

Post by xboxprince »

I tried posting some pictures last night but because I'm dumb idk how :( and I really like this thread too so could someone help me please?
project media center "part one" (working progress): 6tb trusty 1.4ghz + 128mb v1.4 Xbox water cooled pc case with xenium ice, LCD, HDMI out and optical out.
asbo

Post by asbo »

You need to upload them to an image hosting site, I use photobucket for example(although they've made it really confusing and complicated so I wouldn't recommend using them any more).
Then you copy the direct link to an image and paste it between the IMG tags, like this:

Code: Select all

[img]www.linktotheimage.jpg[/img]
xboxprince

Post by xboxprince »

asbo wrote:You need to upload them to an image hosting site, I use photobucket for example(although they've made it really confusing and complicated so I wouldn't recommend using them any more).
Then you copy the direct link to an image and paste it between the IMG tags, like this:

Code: Select all

[img]www.linktotheimage.jpg[/img]
Dosnt sound to hard thank you!
LudviG

Re: Sv: LudviG's vintage stereo interest

Post by LudviG »

Aiwa had some good stuff, dont tried it myself though. Back at work now and sat up a stereo here.

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1396638519764.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1396638519764.jpg