[Your Freedom] The Day We Fight Back

Here you can discuss things that are not directly related to running or using XBMC4XBOX.
chunk1982

Re: [Your Freedom] The Day We Fight Back

Post by chunk1982 »

mrmajikbus45

Post by mrmajikbus45 »

I respectfully bow out of this conversation. I know that my ideologies and opinions of things make my thoughts unpopular amongst this community. I realize that this issue about the net neutrality is highly important to you guys, and I can understand how it affects you personally BuZz.

I was callous, pretentious, and as usual a bit angry when I should not have been. I humbly apologize for the actions I took, and the ways that I presented myself both here, and on TS. I attacked the wrong subject matter, and I blew the fuck up. I realize that I have a temper, and I act a bit childish from time to time. Sorry about that.

I get how the net neutrality is important to this project, the exotica website, and internet usage the world over. Being that many of the major ISPs in the world are American, I can understand how you are deeply troubled. While I will never stand behind you guys on Snowden, I want you to know that I sent an email moments ago using that website that you were bannering yesterday. I expressed that I was troubled by the thought of a limited internet with a pay to view setup. I also expressed my fears of censoring things because someone doesn't want you to see/use it.

I refuse to lose people I consider a friend due to an opinion difference. I also need to turn my internal dial down a notch or two.
A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own. -Solid Snake
American as Guile!
Get your Chimp on!
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

dan carlin on related issues

Show 268, among others. I'd recommend a listen, no matter your opinion.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

interesting show - and a very good analysis. thanks for the link.
AwesomeNurd

Post by AwesomeNurd »

chunk1982 wrote:You call him a traitor and say he should be sentenced to death, why because he spoke out about illegal spying, tapping and collection of private data which was all done in the name of the war on terror hahahaha dont make me laugh. Does no one else see whats wrong with the so called "war on terror"??? Terror is a feeling, its an emotion how the hell are you going to win a war on an emotion?? When will it end? When everyone in the world no longer feels scared??
Let me guess, your also the type of person that believes what they see in the mainstream news lol
People need to go back and read through the history books again and take note of the ammount of times governments have lied and cheated and murdered their own civilians to help get what they want.
It will end when there won't be anymore oil for the US to pump from other countries :D Then they will stop war on terrorism and bringing "democracy" to the 3rd world :)
chunk1982

Post by chunk1982 »

You got it in one awesomenurd
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

BuZz wrote:interesting show - and a very good analysis. thanks for the link.
I have been using podcasts as primary newsmedia information input module since 06 and 07, this Common Sense show has been around with quite relevance almost always.

PS. i recommend the ~13 hours or more of "Wrath of the Khans" , where Dan gets jacked on lots of coffee and walks through scenes of some of the most brutal shit ever. Better than history channel, and no commercials!

PPS. The PS. was on topic, especially to disinterested readers. Without our direct refusal of the feckless proposals on comprises and reform, the concept of independent news, opinion, and/or analysis would not be possible. So go listen to some history and learn some shit if you don't fall in line with protecting civil liberty.

Just had to lay down my position there.

This project and XBMC would get snubbed out and erased from the record of ever existing if certain interests had the money&/power&/speech .. ..
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

fxmech wrote:Without our direct refusal of the feckless proposals on comprises and reform...
Pardon?
Heimdall

Post by Heimdall »

This may seem slightly off-topic, but I believe it is broadly related. The EU is asking for contributions regarding EU copyright rules, and they've just extended the deadline for comments to 05.03.2014 (that's March 5th for my American friends!):

http://ec.europa.eu/internal_market/con ... dex_en.htm

If badly written, copyright law is one of the small wedges that could be used, in future, to further limit our freedoms (think DMCA). I haven't yet read all of the consultation documents, but at first reading it does seem a little dry. Nonetheless, you may want to have a look at the questionnaire in the Consultation Document. At the very least, section IV. - Private copying and reprography, is worth a look, as it talks about copying digital files you have bought from your computer to your MP3 player / tablet etc., and whether this should attract a charge (a "private copying levy").

Why do I think it's related to this topic? Well, regardless of my views on Snowden, and regardless of the fact that things like copying levies are broadly unenforceable at a macro level (although they may push for an additional tax on digital players, like they tried with cassettes), I am concerned that if the state can't get you for spying or treason, they'll settle for breach of copyright, and if breach of copyright becomes a criminal offence (as opposed to a civil one) then that suddenly becomes even simpler.
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

spicemuseum wrote:
fxmech wrote:Without our direct refusal of the feckless proposals on comprises and reform...
Pardon?
Basically , we should be weary of attempts to "reform" that under the surface affect little more than to make us feel better.

Yeah, that post got weird. I shouldn't type while tired.