Do you think GTA V is too violent?

Here you can discuss things that are not directly related to running or using XBMC4XBOX.
Redneck9

Do you think GTA V is too violent?

Post by Redneck9 »

Personally, I had a hard time watching the gunfights in the gameplay video, They made me nauseous so I stopped the video. The video which I'm referring showed someone in swat gear shooting people from a roof top(Shows brain and gruesome after-death) I was seriously considering purchasing the game but after seeing the violence, I've decided to hold off unless Rockstar Releases a Patch. which will limit the amount of blood.
infinity8x3

Re: Do you think GTA V is too violent?

Post by infinity8x3 »

Nope, I'm actually jelly of ppl with a console. But I signed the petition to ask R* for a pc version of GTA5

https://www.change.org/en-IN/petitions/ ... ta-v-on-pc
Got a pit bull?
http://mypitbullpro.com
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Nope, bring on the blood and guts. I like it when you get a head shot and you can the spray of blood................
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

Came with my PS3... not opened it to be honest... but they've always been violent, graphics have just got better.... I'm playing 'The Last Of Us' and that's pretty violent too....

My Mrs watches 'Eastenders' in the UK (Awful TV soap) ... and they're always screaming at each other, killing of people and burying them in the square, burning buildings down and shagging anything that moves... and that doesn't have an age restriction... personally I find that worse as people seem to think its acceptable behavior! :o
xman

Post by xman »

My sons love the game. I got called in to watch the guy releasing the "new mobile phone scene" yesterday. There is this dude demonstrating this new phone on T.V. in the game and my son got great satisfaction ringing the guy's phone on his own virtual phone and got the demonstrator's phone to ring. The guy answers the phone and it explodes blowing the demonstrator in half. Only his legs are left on the stage and the rest of his body is blown up in a red mist. This resulted in both my boys rolling around in laughter.
asbo

Post by asbo »

xman wrote: This resulted in both my boys rolling around in laughter.
This! :lol:
Its a game, its not real, its ridiculous fun, a parody in fact.
I don't know how many people realise but its made in Britain, well Scotland to be more precise, and I tend to think its us laughing at ridiculous American stereotypes (because everyone knows all Americans are gun nuts).
and I'm sure both the gun nut and non gun nut flavours of American laugh at it too.
xman wrote:Only his legs are left on the stage and the rest of his body is blown up in a red mist.
Its just a flesh wound :D
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Funny enough I was chatting to someone in a pub about this yesterday. I didn't realise it was made in Scotland but the chap I was speaking to knew the guy that made it and said what a nice bloke he is. Think he said he's from Elgin and gives loads of money to good charities up there.

I agree, it's a computer game, not real life and it's rated 18. Too violent? Never, give me more!
chunk1982

Post by chunk1982 »

It makes me laugh that most of the people that make a fuss over it actually Brought the game for their kids lol. Simple solution dont buy an 18 rated game for a kid, its rated 18 for a reason you know hahaha

All the best

Paul
Redneck9

Post by Redneck9 »

I traded in "Fallout 3 goty edition" for "GTA V"

Got it on Ps3.

Rockstar released a patch version 1.03 on Friday. This patch removes the top texture layer, which lowers the graphics way too much and now forces anti-aliasing. I own the Game Disc, but the "texture bug" that was supposedly fixed by this patch is a Digital Copy only bug. I had no graphics problems with the game before the patch was released, now the best looking game of the year looks like someone took a dump on it. WTF Rockstar!!!
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

someone should post a video of "Cutler's revenge" to make this thread proper 8 bit and dirty at the same time. not that violent, but he has his gun ready!
seriouslycgi

Post by seriouslycgi »

i think games are less violent these days, but technology has made it possible to see more detail.

think about games in the 90's splatter house games didnt have a moment where you werent killing something and blood was flying out, i remember hiring that game (sh 3) on sega genesis and i was only 10 they didnt have ratings and they would just let anyone get games with a membership card. mortal kombat was another one i would rent.

the political correctness is the only thing thats making people nuts, society is less violent today with most people wanting to just get through their 80 years without problems, a few want us all to be spoon fed sheep who do everything their way, instead of keeping to themselves. think about our history as humans, wars, violence hand to hand slaughter, heads on pikes, crucifix long drawn out deaths, what video games were they playing thousands of years ago? nutty people are going to kill, it just so happens they may have played a game at some point so they blame it on that. media spin.

no its not too violent, playing that game may save your life one day, when you happen across some nutcase who will kill you, you might think twice before you trust he wont because you saw it in a game once. its your choice to play that game, just dont blame rockstar for showing you what is really out there, try assasins creed, elements of history that also happen to be just as violent just not as visual.

too violent? no
just more visually graphic.
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

^^^^^This, agreed that it's getting more detailed really. A good example is the game Chiller, found it on CoinOP's a while back and it just blew my mind, what if this was more enhanced with today's graphics? Think it would even be released?

Last edited by Xphazer on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed YouTube link
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
xman

Post by xman »

Cool, in all the years I've been in the amusement machine industry, I've never seen a good "femdom" themed game before. :o I like the cat walking the floor and the bat flying around. These style games were usually destined for the local gents bar or "Titty Bar" as we know them. Speaking of which, there are a few Titty bars featured in GTA 5. I personally was disappointed the detail could have been better in this case. Here, have a look. There at 2.23 on this vid but I'd recommend watching the whole vid as it is hilarious .