New Arcade/Media Hub Project

Here you can discuss things that are not directly related to running or using XBMC4XBOX.
blighty

Re: New Arcade/Media Hub Project

Post by blighty »

whufclee wrote:
Wall mounted monitor and added wall hooks for peripherals
Is that a C64 joystick? I had one that looked exactly the same about 25 years ago :D

Looking very slick indeed, got the green eyed monster going on here bud ;)
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Yeah kind of. It's a USB replica of my favourite ever joystick on c64/Amiga... Competition Pro. These things were so robust even Daley Thompsons Decathlon wouldn't kill them. I use it for most old skool games, especially kick off 2 - gamepads just don't work for those games.
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

Ahhhhhh Daley Thompsons Decathlon!!! memories :D - many rubber ZX Spectrum keyboards succumbed to DTD! mine included :(
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Sorry to bump a very old topic but as I was just dismantling this unit and filling the giant holes in the wall it made me reminisce of good times when I was an avid user of XBMC4Xbox. I'm looking to sell the house so have had to dismantle the old girl, it was a fun (and at times extremely annoying) project and each year the unit got a new look. Sadly I can't find any recent pics of how it ended up but the control panel got a modification and there was a cut-out for a dual xbox360 charger station.

For anyone interested here's a WIP photo which I think was taken about a year after I initially posted this thread 4-5 years ago:

The design didn't really change too much from that, added some blue leds and integrated a sound system into it (think you can just about make out one of the small speakers integrated on the left hand side of the base). Had a go at hooking an xbox up at one point too and splicing up an old controller so I could use the control panel on the Xbox - that worked pretty good but the only thing I missed was the touchscreen pub games so it didn't last too long sadly.

Anyway that's my little trip down memory lane done, not sure if I'll be creating another one at our new place but hopeful I can have a proper office/games room and if I can then there's a good chance I'll be reusing some of these parts and definitely hooking up an Xbox original too ;)

Be lucky

Lee
Dom DXecutioner

Post by Dom DXecutioner »

That's pretty damn cool; good "seeing" you here, and thanks for sharing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Geeba

Post by Geeba »

Good to see you Lee!

That is fantastic! _ would never get away with that unfortunately, I recently finished our loft conversion and we now have a free room downstairs... I've managed to sneak an Xbox, PS3, Wii and a gaming PC in there... I think thats as far as I'd get without getting "the look" from the Mrs :(
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Good to see you guys are still active on here, only just noticed there's been a couple of replies. Was just trying to find this thread as someone had asked for pointers on a similar(ish) project over at NaN so figured I may as well send them here, might be something of use in all my ramblings if he searches real hard!

Well the good news is I've sold the house and agreed a fee for another one so while I'm currently away on holiday I'm letting the solicitors do their jobs and with any luck I can move into this new gaff soon after coming back home. Good news for peeps on here is I'll definitely have office space which means I'll definitely be hooking up an xbox or two, FINALLY I can resume the work on that CommunityPortal 4Xbox project which has been in Beta for the past 2 years lol.
GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

That's pretty sweet. Thx for sharing. Giving me ideas :lol:
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!