Greetings from sunny Poland

Here you can discuss things that are not directly related to running or using XBMC4XBOX.
BuZz
Site Admin

Greetings from sunny Poland

Post by BuZz »

Over in Jaroslaw, Poland for a holiday and to spend time with family visiting mother and father in law. Fantastic hot weather.

Hi to all .pl xbmc4xbox users. Currently sat in a bar with a nice cold Tyskie.
MrMajst3r

Re: Greetings from sunny Poland

Post by MrMajst3r »

Welcome to Poland, Buzz :)

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Thanks. Poland has been very welcoming :) Especially the city fountain I had a dip in earlier ;-)
whufclee

Post by whufclee »

Enjoy it while you can, I have work for you to do when you get back!

Sunny? In Polska? Really? Are you sure you're in Poland? It's never been sunny when I've been there. Have a few nice Polish beers for me while you're there, I'm off to Hamburg for a few days next week so will certainly do my bit for the drinking cause out there ;)
CapedCrusader

Post by CapedCrusader »

-
Last edited by CapedCrusader on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
CapedCrusader

Post by CapedCrusader »

Great to hear you're i Poland, Buzz! Jaroslaw is just 50 km from my home town - Rzeszow, which I recommend to visit too, especially now when the old town is all renovated. Enjoy your time, and try other kinds of beer also, recently I've been keen on non-pasterised Kasztelan.

@whufclee - Yes, it does get sunny here:) I had the same idea (all-time rain) about England, until I spent a summer in London which was hot as hell.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Flew in to Rzeszow. Have visited Rzeszow before but not for some time. Will look out for that beer. I've sampled various - I'm rather fond of the porters you can get, zywiec porter is decent. Strong stuff too :) had some homemade wine too, and last night too much of everything, finishing off with some vodka. Feeling a bit delicate today!
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

BuZz wrote:Over in Jaroslaw, Poland ... with a nice cold Tyskie.
You needn't have gone so far, you could have got that from Milton Tesco. And it was sunny today too.
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

CapedCrusader wrote:...try other kinds of beer also, recently I've been keen on non-pasterised Kasztelan.
Now you're talking. Have a Mocne too.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

spicemuseum wrote:
BuZz wrote:Over in Jaroslaw, Poland ... with a nice cold Tyskie.
You needn't have gone so far, you could have got that from Milton Tesco. And it was sunny today too.
Yeh I drink it in the UK too - As far as lagers go I kinda like it.. bit cheaper here in a bar though :)

Having said that, I have been checking the weather in the UK. Sunny maybe, but not as warm as here. But I hope it will be nice when I get back :) And if it is, I will probably have a Tyskie in my local too. heh

It's not as much as a holiday really so much as a working holiday and visiting my missus' family. Must be my 20th+ visit.. Good for my nipper to see her granny and grandpa too.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

As everyone is worrying that I might not be trying enough different beers, here is the selection I made after 24+ hours with no sleep just after arriving ;-)

And yes, there is some Tyskie :)
beer.jpg
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

When it comes to my favourite beers (in the uk), it's things like "manchester star ale", "old peculiar", "samuel smith's oatmeal stout" and others, but to be honest my local pub (a greene king :/) is not well known for decent ale, so I do fall back on lagers sometimes. I'll stop spamming the thread now. Im full of beer and vodka :-)
Heimdall

Post by Heimdall »

There's nothing wrong with a nice lager, but it's a shame the Greene King is below par - Greene King IPA used to be really good. I was also quite partial to the occasional pint of Ridleys - I used to run the bar for a small local theatre, and I'd nip up to the Ridleys Brewery in Hartford End in my lunch hour to buy stock. Perhaps it's all gone downhill since Greene King bought Ridleys then closed them down.......

My general preference is for hoppy, pale golden IPA-like beers - my local these days is a "Vintage Inn", but in spite of that it sells a reasonable pint of Tribute. Not my favourite, but not too bad! :)

I doubt that you and I would ever end up arguing over the last pint of "manchester star ale" or "old peculiar" - I would rather drink warm lager than dark beer!
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Yeh, and you can have the last hoppy beer - No argument there :)