Craigslist Fun

Here you can discuss things that are not directly related to running or using XBMC4XBOX.
Nextelhalo

Craigslist Fun

Post by Nextelhalo »

Sometimes you just have to sit back and laugh at some of this stuff. I'm selling three xbox's on CL right now for 85$. Some cool guy chimed in and immediately started talking shit like he knew everything about xbox's and began to bash the crap out of me and our old girl (OG XBOX). I thought it was entertaining so I'm going to share some snippets of my conversation.

Him: Anything is this world is only worth what someone else is willing to give you for it. And as you know there is no one willing to pay $100 for them or they would be sold. 1st gen. Xbox is almost worthless and you can't sell all the games on the consoles since you don't legally own them. What exactley did you want someone to pay $85 for???

Me: Do you even understand what a fully modded 1st gen xbox running the latest build of XBMC can do? If your assuming that i cant sell these loaded with games then your dead wrong. Do some reading into what these are capable of and then come talk to me. If you would like some help in that area visit the xbmc4xbox forums and see what your missing.

Him: Get real. I'm done with you. You can sell them with all the games you want. You and I both know its not legal to sell emulators so Have fun with your 3 old consoles. If they were that bad ass they would be gone. Since you know so much about them you already know there almost worthless. Got any modded sega master systems you want $120 for? Do you know that they can do? LoLOLOLOloLoLoLoLO!

Me: I've been done with you this whole time, I just think it's entertaining to talk to people on CL that try to make it sound like the know all so please if you'd like, continue.

Him: Go fuck yourself E-thug. You would not run your mouth like that in my face bitch. Your now BLOCKED. Good day loser.
Last edited by Nextelhalo on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
White v1.4 X3 CE with X3 CP 500GB Blue-white P/E LED's Blue Jewel
Debug kit untouched
asbo

Re: Craigslist Fun

Post by asbo »

Makes me glad I've never used Craigslist :lol:
Does it even exist in the UK?
Was an amusing read :D
Xphazer

Post by Xphazer »

People sending messages like this really have no life, if they really want to do so they should send message the guys asking 350$ for their "mint condition" original Xbox and 15 original games..
Once I posted a 360 online.. listed it as jtagable and wrote the dash rev and manufacturing date.. It got pulled off overnight and I had an email from a random guy full of hate (probably the one who flagged the ad).
Thanks for posting it, free laugh lol.
Next time don't even waste a single letter.. and send them this:
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

Haha, nice vid Phaze, that would have been fun to use on this guy. After I posted this things just got worse and worse, he kept emailing me and calling me a coward, he actually gave me his phone number and said i was too much of a coward to call him :roll: ..........sooooooo I called that sumbitch :twisted: . When he answered I politely asked "is this E-thug?". That lit him up right away and he just started calling me names and saying I was too much of a pussy to meet him face to face. After about 10 seconds of that he hung up. I laughed for a good 10 seconds in my head and went on with my day. Still......more emails coming in calling me spineless and what not. It's been a few hours now and no word from him so i'm assuming he finally gave up, all in all pretty entertaining. I cant believe he would actually give out a number like that to a stranger. Stranger Danger Bro!!!! To top it off, just sold all three xbox's for my asking price :lol:

I cant help but wonder, if I would have arranged a meet with this guy, would I give him the Samuel L. staredown?

@Asbo http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites#EU
Halo LE Blue (Japan Black jewel) v1.0 1.0GHZ Trusty 128 RAM 640GB Blue-White P/E LED's
Debug kit untouched
GhostlyGamer

Post by GhostlyGamer »

Many Lols were had reading this.
Xphazer

Post by Xphazer »

I'm really wondering who was the real e-thug in the story lol.. This guy was really a top of the line jerk..
This is the most powerful staredown ever.. Just saying ^^
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

@Phaze--- that was pure gold sir. Makes me want to buy some driving gloves just to try that out one day.
Debug kit untouched
asbo

Post by asbo »

Those driving gloves made me think organised crime*, I wouldn't want him staring at me like that!

* yes yes I know stereotypes etc etc, blame Sleeping Dogs :D
blighty

Post by blighty »

So what was his number next? :D
Xphazer wrote:People sending messages like this really have no life, if they really want to do so they should send message the guys asking 350$ for their "mint condition" original Xbox and 15 original games..
or the other muppets asking for $1000 for sealed Sega Megadrive / Genesis games on fleabay
AwesomeNurd

Post by AwesomeNurd »

Stupidity has no limits!
Nextelhalo

Post by Nextelhalo »

His number was deleted right away, no point in speaking to that loon anymore.
Debug kit untouched
2 Bunny

PRANKDIAL Reply

Post by 2 Bunny »

The closest experience I've had to that on Craiglist was somebody seriously offering me $1 for a $20 broken laptop.
Other than that, the only real problems I've had as a seller are people who say they'll meet somewhere to pick an item up at a certain time, and then fall off the face of the earth at about that time never to be heard from again (unless you use a CallerID spoof website - Gotcha :o ). As a buyer, it's the 85% of sellers who refuse to respond to emails that piss me off.
Nextelhalo wrote:His number was deleted right away, no point in speaking to that loon anymore.
Maybe not you, but Prankdial.com is always happy to talk to people who are annoying ;) :D