Kodi watch

Here you can discuss things that are not directly related to running or using XBMC4XBOX.
spicemuseum

Kodi watch

Post by spicemuseum »

Geeba

Re: Kodi watch

Post by Geeba »

Thats bad.... Kodi getting dragged through the dirty when really its not their doing.

They should of kept it called XBMC... more people would of still thought of it as Xbox software and it would of kept the user base lower, it became pretty unfriendly over there once the user base went crazy.
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

Oh man I was thinking they made a kodi branded watch and had to have a look, but yes it is a bit sad these people try to make money off the kodi brand by selling these boxes.

you cant sell a modded xbox on ebay but then you can get media boxes that do far worse.
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

I hope Kodi's devs don't ever get penalized for what their users create. It would be like getting mad at Microsoft for people making torrent programs that work in Windows. I use Kodi on my Android box all the time and it's still by far my favorite media center app. I'd hate to see them have to start locking it down.
Remember kids, always zero-ize your HDD key!
xbmc4you

Post by xbmc4you »

Isn't kodi just the new name of the non-xbox XBMC?
If so, is it possible to use those plugins in XBMC4Xbox?
GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

xbmc4you wrote:Isn't kodi just the new name of the non-xbox XBMC?
If so, is it possible to use those plugins in XBMC4Xbox?
Kodi is based on XBMC, yes, but they're now two distinct programs. Kodi plugins and scripts can sometimes be converted for use in Xbmc4xbox but not always. Kodi is updated more often and uses newer software (python for example). It depends on the script/plugin and whether or not it uses newer fancy features that only Kodi knows how to handle.
spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

spicemuseum

Post by spicemuseum »

MaynardG

Post by MaynardG »

xbmc4yeou wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:13 pm Kodi is based on XBMC, yes, but they're now two distinct programs. Kodi plugins and scripts can sometimes be converted for use in Xbmc4xbox but not always. Kodi is updated more often and uses newer software (python for example). It depends on the script/plugin and whether or not it uses newer fancy features that only Kodi knows how to handle.
I hope Kodi doesn't go away. I'm not even using it at the moment but still.
Last edited by MaynardG on Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RogerWix

Post by RogerWix »

GoTeamScotchs wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2441 1:40 pm I hope Kodi's devs don't ever get penalized for what their users create. It would be like getting mad at Microsoft for people making torrent programs that work in Windows. I use Kodi on my Android box all the time and it's still by far my favorite media center app. I'd hate to see them have to start locking it down.
Kodi is free software designed to bring videos, music, games and photographs together in one easy-to-use application.

It began life as a program called Xbox Media Centre (XBMC) that added a feature-rich media player to the original Xbox games console.
GoTeamScotch

Post by GoTeamScotch »

RogerWix wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:55 pm
GoTeamScotchs wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2441 1:40 pm I hope Kodi's devs don't ever get penalized for what their users create. It would be like getting mad at Microsoft for people making torrent programs that work in Windows. I use Kodi on my Android box all the time and it's still by far my favorite media center app. I'd hate to see them have to start locking it down.
Kodi is free software designed to bring videos, music, games and photographs together in one easy-to-use application.

It began life as a program called Xbox Media Centre (XBMC) that added a feature-rich media player to the original Xbox games console.
An account with 1 post copying a sentence from the article in the first post and pasting it as an irrelevant reply...

Bot account?