xbox data corruption

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
xzotick

xbox data corruption

Post by xzotick »

I have three 3 xboxes

1 softmod
2 with executor flashed tsop

I have 500 and 320gb drives installed and running fine in the softmod and 1 of the flashed boxes(both are executor)

I just got a 750gb IDE for one of the tsop flashed boxes.

I formatted with XB partioner with F and G are 353gig each (32k cluster)
F:\GAMES\*.*
G:\GAMES\*.*

when FTPing into the directories the first 250gb or so seem to work fine, but then FTP starts giving me the error 3, getting empty directories all things of that sort.

I have been reading some users with similar problems maybe hitting the FATX limitation. and I believe that is what is happening to me because of the \GAMES\

Would I not be better off to just eliminate the \GAMES\ and FTP directly to the root of F and G?

From what I am understanding this would give me a 4096 file/folder limit..

The other 2 boxes are running fine, but they arent dealing with 750gb...

Thanks to everyone for a great site!!
Rocky5

Re: xbox data corruption

Post by Rocky5 »

It 240 folders per folder.
( basically every folder on the system can have 240 folders inside and each of those can have 240 folders inside, you get the point )

4096 files per folder, exact same as above.

So if your games folder has 240 folders ( games ) you will need to make a games2 folder eg...

Just check XBP1.3 and make sure the cluster size isn't er.
Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
xzotick

Post by xzotick »

I tried installing the CoinOps 8 outside of the games folder to try and keep so many out of the GAMES folder...
still went the same...

after about 1/2 of the coinops started to get error 3..
had games in F:\GAMES\
coinops in F:\Coinops8\

thanks
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

xzotick wrote:I tried installing the CoinOps 8 outside of the games folder to try and keep so many out of the GAMES folder...
still went the same...

after about 1/2 of the coinops started to get error 3..
had games in F:\GAMES\
coinops in F:\Coinops8\

thanks
Coinops is a mess of files I stopped using it after v6 as I couldn't be bothered with it anymore.
( if it was organised properly then I may have stayed )

You will know if you hit the file limit as you will have 4096 files in a directory.
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
xzotick

Post by xzotick »

coinops8 seems to run fine when its on f or g by itself...just when I start to add games .....
or if I put the games first then coinops then coinops messes up....
xzotick

Post by xzotick »

I went back and checked my G:\games\ drive it has 107 folders....
but if I try and add more I start getting errors...
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

I would ask on the CoinOps forum if I were you , they will know if anyone .

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Rocky5

Post by Rocky5 »

Rocky5 wrote:Just check XBP1.3 and make sure the cluster size isn't er.
Like said to do, come back when you have.
XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
xzotick

Post by xzotick »

Its says 32....but I have been playing around and I

think I may be developing bad sectors on the 750gb IDE drive.

I have been wanted to move to a SATA with bridge combo,

but I have tried about 5 different one, and havent found one the would work....

Thanks for the reply
skeletor64

Post by skeletor64 »

xzotick wrote:coinops8 seems to run fine when its on f or g by itself...just when I start to add games .....
or if I put the games first then coinops then coinops messes up....
you should put CoinOps on 1 partition. Make sure your videos and games are all in their appropriate folders. If you have 4096 items in any folder, it's not going to work. in CO8, all the vidoes (except arcade) go into their own folder also. Just go through it on your PC first and check the roms and videos first, especially if you are adding over massive (if that is what you are doing). Remember to first download CoinOps 8 Standalone, Copy that over massive first (massive is optimized), then add your games. You may have to move some of the stuff in massive also to their appropriate video folders. I had some issues copying until i realized I was going over the limit. Not sure if any of this will help...but hope you figure it out.
shloader

Post by shloader »

xzotick wrote:I have three 3 xboxes

1 softmod
2 with executor flashed tsop

I have 500 and 320gb drives installed and running fine in the softmod and 1 of the flashed boxes(both are executor)

I just got a 750gb IDE for one of the tsop flashed boxes.

I formatted with XB partioner with F and G are 353gig each (32k cluster)
F:\GAMES\*.*
G:\GAMES\*.*

when FTPing into the directories the first 250gb or so seem to work fine, but then FTP starts giving me the error 3, getting empty directories all things of that sort.

I have been reading some users with similar problems maybe hitting the FATX limitation. and I believe that is what is happening to me because of the \GAMES\

Would I not be better off to just eliminate the \GAMES\ and FTP directly to the root of F and G?

From what I am understanding this would give me a 4096 file/folder limit..

The other 2 boxes are running fine, but they arent dealing with 750gb...

Thanks to everyone for a great site!!
What's missing from all this is what you're running on the Xbox while you're FTP'ing to it. I'd hate to simply assume you were running xbmc4xbox while you FTP'ed to it. That and what version of XBpartitioner you used to format the drive; short of v1.3 some prior versions have minor flaws... and 1.3 will actually show you what the current cluster size actually is (kinda handy). I don't think you're having a file system issue. Not yet, anyway. I think you're having a FTP server software issue. I had my 2tb setup where I split 750 some odd titles between two games folders, F & G respectively. Never had a problem. Have since diced it down to sub folders inside the FG:\Games root to speed up xbmc's indexing, keeping only favorites in the root. About ~95 per folder... but I digress. If I'm doing anything where FTP access is priority, then my box sits running DVD2Xbox. Haven't had an issue. On my stock-drive softmods it's the UnleashX that the current HeXEn disc uses, no issues there either.

So, two things. What's running on your box that gives you FTP access, don't think you've mentioned this... not sure it's pertinent.
And, like Rocky asked, are you using the final XBpartitioner v1.3?
Rocky5 wrote:Coinops is a mess of files I stopped using it after v6 as I couldn't be bothered with it anymore.
( if it was organised properly then I may have stayed )
... prefacing this by acknowledging my own statement that this isn't the most proper place to discuss CoinOps, it is gratifying to know I'm not alone in believing CoinOps, at the very least its root folder, has kinda become seriously polluted. Seriously... including Halo games in the Massive!?!? If I wanted Halo games on my box... they'd fricken be there before CoinOps was!!! rant over.
I make a conscious effort to use terms that can be googled.
Xbox modding is really about understanding the nomenclature, and a good HeXEn disc.
Drinking while posting happens. It's not like drinking and driving; try to be understanding.