MythTV Support?

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
jmetal88

MythTV Support?

Post by jmetal88 »

I thought it might be nice to be able to use my XBOX as a MythTV front end in my basement, so last night I soft-modded it and tonight I installed XBMC4XBOX. I set up a connection to my MythTV server using the method listed in the wiki (mythtv:// etc...), but it refuses to connect. I can connect just fine using recent releases of Kodi on my PCs, and of course MythTV's own frontends work fine. Looking back on other forum posts, I'm led to believe that XBMC4XBOX just doesn't support recent releases of MythTV, however I can find VERY few posts of anyone actually using it as a MythTV frontend. Is it true that it doesn't support recent versions of MythTV? If so, how far back would I have to go for it to work? 0.26? 0.24? I'm not convinced it would be worth a downgrade to my back end server, but it would be nice to know.
spicemuseum

Re: MythTV Support?

Post by spicemuseum »

I'm a Mythtv user.

The myth protocol no longer works for me on the X80X either, but the family happily watch recordings simply via samba share from our MythTV server.

See thread here: http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... htv#p21400