[xboxhdm23 beta] QEMU unable to mkdir or cp files

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
antihero898

[xboxhdm23 beta] QEMU unable to mkdir or cp files

Post by antihero898 »

Hey guys, going to make this short and sweet. I have am softmodded xbox with an unlocked hdd. I was trying to change my hdd and swap with a bigger one and during the process, I was an idiot and unlocked my original drive before locking my new drive. Fortunately, I backed up my eeprom.bin onto both hard drives. I went to ISO Zone and got some help in regards to xboxhdm23 beta and using a usb adapter to navigate my xbox hdd using my computer and a usb connection. Upon using the browserx tool to browse my xboxhdd, I noticed I was unable to copy my eeprom.bin from my xboxhdd to my computer. I would do something in regards to "cp /PriMas/E/UDATA/251554/00000000000/backup/eeprom.bin /CD/E" where "/PriMas/E/UDATA/251554/00000000000/backup/eeprom.bin" is my eeprom.bin file location and /CD/E is my hdm folder destination. I noticed that the copy would occur and after about 15 seconds, the eeprom.bin file would dissapear. Looking inside "../xboxhdm23usb/hdm/E" using windows explorer, no file is shown. I tried the same with my other hdd and no luck.

This is where I noticed something is up with QEMU. I checked the permissions of /CD/E and it has rwx permissions for root only. Doing a "whoami" results in root, so obviously I have permissions to move stuff about. I then thought "well, if I have the power, why not use it in a very simplistic manner"? I went to do a simple "mkdir /CD/E/HELLO" and a folder pops up inside /CD/E labelled "hello". After 15 seconds, it vanishes.

Any idea what might be causing this? I went to check out the last time ldotsfan was logged in, but it hasn't been recently at all so I'm a bit SOL in terms of reaching him.

Any possible guides or suggestions?
Geeba

Re: [xboxhdm23 beta] QEMU unable to mkdir or cp files

Post by Geeba »

Always copy the EEPROM.bin to your computer....

you will need a FATX explorer for your PC to be able to see the structure of the unlocked drive and copy the bin file over, or an easy option is a mod-chip
antihero898

Re: [xboxhdm23 beta] QEMU unable to mkdir or cp files

Post by antihero898 »

Geeba wrote:you will need a FATX explorer for your PC to be able to see the structure of the unlocked drive and copy the bin file over, or an easy option is a mod-chip
I'm, trying to do this via QEMU and xboxhdm's xbrowser tool without any luck. Any chance there is a well known and used fatx explorer that you could suggest please? I tried xplorer 360 but upon scanning for memory cards or hard drives, a pop up appears stating no fatx drives could be found. Maybe it's because I'm on windows 8.1?