XBMC 'Exit' question?

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
xanderten50

XBMC 'Exit' question?

Post by xanderten50 »

What does XBMC4Xbox look for when I select Exit from the power menu (As opposed to shutdown/restart etc) ??

Due to a failing chipped Xbox, I've moved from a chipped Xbox to a recently softmodded Xbox. Since it is primarily me using it now and not the kids so much - I've left UnleashX as the dash instead of XBMC, so I've not come across this before. Last night I was playing with the confluence lite skin and decided to just use 'exit' instead, assuming it would just take me back to Unleash... but it actually took me directly to the original MS Dash? I was doubly confused as Unleash itself can't find the MS Dash to access it from the main menu!

So basically, what (or where) is Xbmc looking for when it exits? and what do I do to get it to straight back to Unleash instead?

(Running XBMC4Xbox 3.5.3, UnleashX v0.38 on 1.0 Xbox w/softmod)
Good signatures are hard to come by...
tim619

Re: XBMC 'Exit' question?

Post by tim619 »

You can set up a custom dashboard path in the xbmc4xbox settings menu.
I think the default one should be C:\xboxdash.xbe because it's the only one which is safely available.
So most likely you didn't set up the path.
Dan Dar3

Re: XBMC 'Exit' question?

Post by Dan Dar3 »

Judging by what it says in the wiki it exits to a dashboard of choice.
"Use custom dashboard path
Use a custom dashboard when choosing Dashboard from the Shutdown Menu"
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/wiki/Settings/Programs
Dashboard
Exits XBMC to your default dashboard
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/wiki/Shutdown_Menu

If not configured in your case we could look at the source code to see if it asumes one otherwise.