G: partition

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
scroeffie

G: partition

Post by scroeffie »

im trying tp upgrade a tsop xbox with a 500gb sata drive
when i use xbpart 1.3 all is fine i can see the f and g partitions
when i install dashboard G: does not exist i can see the letter but i cannot acces it it says 0
this is not my first time upgrading a hdd but this xbox gives me allot of problems am i missing something here ??
its a 1.1 xbox with bios x2 4983.67

i tried a 250gb ide drive no problems i can see both partitions maybe the problem is the sata to ide ?

solved stupid me flashes the wrong bios :shock: :roll:
xman

Re: G: partition

Post by xman »

scroeffie wrote:
i tried a 250gb ide drive no problems i can see both partitions maybe the problem is the sata to ide ?

solved stupid me flashes the wrong bios :shock: :roll:
If the bios saw the F and G drives on the 250Gb HDD then the bios is a F and G drive bios already I would have thought presuming you used the same machine to do both tests so, here is something you may like to try. Go to filemanager, click on G drive that is saying O, which by the way G would not be showing in filemanager unless you have a F and G drive bios, and create a folder in the G drive using the sub menu popup. I usually call it movies and dump something in it. It can be any size and this will open the g drive ready to use. You can delete what you dropped in if you want or even delete the folder. Once you have done this process the G drive will always be ready to use and immediately show the size of it instead of 0mb.
scroeffie

Re: G: partition

Post by scroeffie »

i flashed the bios with 5003 everything is oke now :)