SATA HDD Upgrade Help! Seagate barracuda 7200 750gb

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
jerikson05

SATA HDD Upgrade Help! Seagate barracuda 7200 750gb

Post by jerikson05 »

Hello people. I have recently bought a new hdd (seagate barracuda 7200 750gb) to install in my Xbox. It is a SATA hdd and does not have jumpers to move it to slave. I go to run chimp and it doesn't recognize the drive. I put the jumper on the stock hdd on channel select and run chimp and still a no go. I have a SATA to IDE adapter board
Kingwin SATA to IDE Bridge Board ADP-06 To be exact and it still won't recognize the drive. What am I doing wrong???!!!! Please help. I also have another Xbox I picked up from my friend for free that has an error code 5. Does anyone know what's going on there or know how I can fix that? I've done a little research on it but there's not really any info about it other than something to do with the eeprom key and whatnot. Thanks in advance.

-Justin
Starscream66

Re: SATA HDD Upgrade Help! Seagate barracuda 7200 750gb

Post by Starscream66 »

Did you get it figured out? The ide adapter has master/slave pins. It needs the jumpers set to slave. I have the red sabrent adapter board. I used a 500gb barracuda and it read fine but I messed up trying to partition g. Do not use slayers tools 2.7 or any other for soft mod
It says it will kill your soft mod and it does! I have a 500gb barracuda and 2 1tb st1000dm003 that all were read fine but are now stuck unlocked and now says locking not supported in configmagic because I am stupid lol. I'm gonna buy 2 more drives and get them done right this time in chimp. I have two xboxes I'm swapping so it should be fun. Hope you get yours going too!