Xbox one

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
MaxiHori

Xbox one

Post by MaxiHori »

Is it available or planned a support for xbox one?
spicemuseum

Re: Xbox one

Post by spicemuseum »

No. As with XBOX 360, there is no plan to develop for XBOX One.
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

there is no exploit for unsigned code as of yet
psyko_chewbacca

Post by psyko_chewbacca »

IMO there is little to gain in supporting XBMC/Kodi on Xbox One, or just plain homebrew for what it matters.

With all those TV boxes available for cheap, you can have dedicated hardware for XBMC that uses far less power and will do just fine. Most run on Android and so can support emulators, games and other apps out of the box. My Cubox-i4pro with OpenElec is all I need. It's always ON, ready to play and officially supported and maintained. The only thing I cannot play are 1080p H265 videos.

If Android or linux is not your thing there are even windows 8.1 TV boxes now for 150$. OK it's nowhere near the performance of the Xbox One but seriously, if you need that kind of power, just make yourself a 500$ HTPC and it will be far more capable than a Xbox One!

When the Original Xbox was around, there wasn't anything that compared to it. A self-contained box that can play games, emulators, and have a full-fledged media center. During the late Xbox 360 era, those TV boxes started to appear and soon the interest of people who have the technical ability to break the security of those console declined. Most people who find hacks to open consoles are developers themselves who make a living selling softwares. They're not interested in piracy and that's almost all that's left to it now. Still I wouldn't get my hopes off, there are people who just want to crack security for the heck of it and/or claim total control over the hardware they buy. There are also people who make a living selling hardware to crack security but they usually just rehash and modify stuff that was found and made public by the real talented people (I wonder who...).
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

In the interest of informing others to a little Xbox 360 mod "whyto" :

1. Game backup / mods
2. Storage capacity
3. Post-Xbox Live connectivity (remove ping limited system link)
4. Emulation
... and somewhere at the bottom of the bucket
5. Linux

That is to say you won't find much in the way of media center software, aside from the Media Center Extender builtin function

So far as the Xbox One is concerned, all I know that's been done is using a larger HDD (2TB?). It still involved the use of a modded Xbox 360 to prepare anyhow!

@psyko_chewbacca : I think "who" might be you and one "bennydiamond" :!: - good insight into the world of open source and the immigration of a large portion of programmers and engineers. There was a time not too long ago I thought the open source developer would forever be poor and destitute. My current attitude is much better, given even large developers and firms are having to cater to the demands of the smarter workers.

Openness in general at least has earned a legitimate place in the business environment.

We have people such as yourself to thank for passing the torch! Your project(s) for this community are certainly going to inspire many others down a similar path.

Interesting to think you are developing FLOSS/H - for a secured system! With this new business climate, such a special opportunity to gain insight into electronics [reverse] engineering and programming won't present itself very often in the future.
professor_jonny

xmplayer is on the 360 run as an elf for xell works well the kids use all the time.

not really feature backed but it does the basics much better than the media centre extender.
psyko_chewbacca

Post by psyko_chewbacca »

fxmech wrote: @psyko_chewbacca : I think "who" might be you and one "bennydiamond" :!: - good insight into the world of open source and the immigration of a large portion of programmers and engineers. There was a time not too long ago I thought the open source developer would forever be poor and destitute. My current attitude is much better, given even large developers and firms are having to cater to the demands of the smarter workers.

Openness in general at least has earned a legitimate place in the business environment.

We have people such as yourself to thank for passing the torch! Your project(s) for this community are certainly going to inspire many others down a similar path.

Interesting to think you are developing FLOSS/H - for a secured system! With this new business climate, such a special opportunity to gain insight into electronics [reverse] engineering and programming won't present itself very often in the future.
Ah, thanks for the flattery but my statement was targeted much more toward Team Xecuter and their refusal to support community-driven projects. Their glitch chips are very good and well built I'll give them that but they relied too much on keeping their stuff(software) for themselves in hope to sell more chips. Seriously, they've taken the original work from GliGli and improved upon it by doing their own investigation but also by actively listening to the dev guys who post their results out there. Now they whine that they cannot compete with cheap glitch chips from china because of all the development that has been made recently, which is fully open source like RGH1.2, R-JTOP, S-RGH and so on! I'm not sad for them at all.

They do have a real talent for PCB and hardware design that's for sure and they should focus on that! People will still buy from them because they seem to build the most reliable and easy to use products.

Frankly, I've not been closely watching the development of Xbox 360 hacking for some years now as it have been mostly been about piracy support. But what do TX have made in term of real breakthrough that could count as a definitive advancement in breaking the security on the Xbox 360? Sure they made a couple of PC softwares to facilitate installation. They're not the one who have made DVD drives FW hacks, King Kong hack, JTAG/SMC hack, RGH (they claim to have made RGH2.0, not sure). They don't have any ODD emulation solution because I doubt they have the technical knowledge, or else why wouldn't they have one? It's certainly an interesting product they could market and sell(well it's maybe a little too late now). The TX brand would have had its impact on sales I'm sure of it!

I doubt Team Xecuter will be the ones who initially crack the security of the Xbox One; if it ever gets broken.

Anyway. End of rant.
professor_jonny

from what I gather Team Xecuter were thinking of disbanding there was talk of it in the private section of the forums at one stage, I believe the cr4xl was to be their last product.

they had plans of an ode but they said it was canned at to make it under the radar for Microsoft it made it too expencive.

the software for it was to be made by the same guy/team as a joint effort who releases all the backup firmwares.

it was said they were not going to lay down half a million in 5000 units so late in the life cycle as it was too risky they said.
seriouslycgi

Post by seriouslycgi »

I use a broken chinatab with a mouse and mini hdmi, it plays 1080p, streams over wifi, etc. I imagine you could get them free.