Lost Softmod?

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
dairug

Lost Softmod?

Post by dairug »

Hi Guys

Just attempted a softwood having purchased another xbox to replace a faulty one.

Managed to install the softwood successfully after backing up the eeprom/C: and MS Dash.

Where I went wrong is by updating the MS Dash by installing the Xbox live files from the Halo 2 disc which I seemed to recall would be needed.

The console gave an error 21 following the install and now boots into the MS Dash whether I boot normally or with the eject button.

The splinter cell softmod doesn't seem to work any more, it just resets the game now instead of booting into the softmod menu.

I can't seem to run my slayers auto installer now I'm back to the stock MS dash so I'm a little stuck at the moment!

Any ideas on a fix please?

Many Thanks
Chris
spicemuseum

Re: Lost Softmod?

Post by spicemuseum »

Sounds like you are using an old type of softmod (can you confirm?)

Irrespective, I suggest you change to using a modern softmod. Start from scratch and use either Rocky5's softmod (search this forum), or a Krayzie softmod and use HeXEn (or Rocky's Extras disc) to complete a full installation.
RunsilenT

Post by RunsilenT »

Dairug, Im nearly positive the dash/software update on Halo 2 should have been done first before
any attempt at softmod. As Spice says, Rocky`s softmod and extras disc will hopefully sort you out.
Fingers crossed for you.
dairug

Post by dairug »

Thanks both, appreciate the advice. Will have a go at Rocky's and let you know what the outcome was.

Much appreciate
Dai
dairug

Post by dairug »

Rocky's worked like a charm, thanks for the advice guys...................!