[SOLVED] Xbox stuck Preparing at Launch! Help!

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
DiiLy

[SOLVED] Xbox stuck Preparing at Launch! Help!

Post by DiiLy »

Hello everyone! I have a certain problem that i just cant figure out right now; My original Xbox with XBMC on it has got itself stuck in "Preparing" at launch. I've tried to FTP into it as i know its a file trying to update the library from what i can only guess is an invalid source. I've tried almost everything and googled the hell outta the problem but there isnt much out there nowadays in terms of the original Xbox 1. Anyways if anyone knows how to fix this without having to do a fresh install, as those are really hard to accomplish nowadays with new computers.

Summary: XBMC boots, then rectangular popup appears at the top-left corner saying "Preparing..." and just hangs there. Will this go away maybe after some time? Help! (Just to add some sympathy to the problem, this is my Son's only way to watch his shows, and hes been so upset since this mornin'), thanks everyone!!!

~DiiLy
DiiLy

Re: Xbox stuck Preparing at Launch! Help!

Post by DiiLy »

You guys rock! should've done what was asked and read before post! held down white button + y and found the plugin/script that whacked out my system!!! Have a great day everyone!
Dan Dar3

Re: [SOLVED] Xbox stuck Preparing at Launch! Help!

Post by Dan Dar3 »

Solving your own problem in less than half an hour, well done :-)

Think you're referring to this post, just as a reference to others in the future.
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... p?f=6&t=65