Thunder Birds are Go

Here you can discuss things that are not directly related to running or using XBMC4XBOX.
professor_jonny

Thunder Birds are Go

Post by professor_jonny »

I dont know if everyone knows but the original thunder birds tv show from the 60's has been remade in to cgi anamation by ITV Studios and Pukeko Pictures, with effects by Weta Workshop all done in little old new zealand.

I have watched the first episode and have recorded the other two to watch when the mrs is not around.

I don't know what you guys think of those who have seen it what do you think of the new puppet less thunderbirds?
asbo

Re: Thunder Birds are Go

Post by asbo »

Needs more string :D
nidge

Post by nidge »

The animation is good, and I like the new ships :)
Did you see that special about how they made it? A lot of the backgrounds are miniatures like Gerry Anderson originaly used, then the CGI is overlayed over the top.
It's good that Parker is being voiced by David Graham, the original voice actor :) and Slyvia Anderson, the original Lady Penelope, has done a cameo for one episode ;)
I think the storylines move a bit too fast, it hasn't got the tension that the original created. Though kids nowdays proberly want fast moving action?
Not sure about the new theme music ;) and I miss the end credits where you had a close up of one of the Thunderbirds and then it panned out to the full picture.
But on the whole much, much, better than that awful movie remake a few years ago :( I will never forgive "Will Riker" for that one ;)
http://www.theoriginalxboxshoppe.weebly.com
http://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/Computers-and-Consoles

Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 500gb sata hard disk, 1ghz CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p, blue LED's.
Crystal Xbox v1.4, Xecuter 3, 320gb sata hard disk, stock CPU, 128mb RAM, HD component 720p.
xman

Post by xman »

N.Z. got the job aye?. I heard of this remake just the other day and am looking forward to seeing what they have done and whether it is nearly as good as the original series. I have all 32 episodes of the original series' on Xboxes and PC HDD. I am guilty of watching them all about twice a year. ;) . Just something about that show I do love. The episode that has the nuclear reactor sabotage conducted by Parker's brother that is based in Australia is so close to what could have been it is uncanny. It is based in South Australia, the area that would have been used should Australia have gone the nuclear route but that decision not to wasn't decided until the mid 60s. Seems the producers did do there research. Also the plane that is sabotaged that Lady Penelope is on board does look remarkably like the Concorde even though that plane wasn't released for at least 6 years after the show finished production.