XBMC on a Trusty box

General discussion relating to XBMC4XBOX. Please use the support forums for help on using the software or plugins.
intelminer

XBMC on a Trusty box

Post by intelminer »

So, I did an (admittedly skimming trawl) of the forums here, and I noticed nobody has actually done any tests to see if Trusty's 1.4Ghz/128MB boxes run XBMC any better, especially at things like 720P resolution

So, out of curiosity before I delve into picking one up, has anyone else sat down and taken a shot at just that? :D
asbo

Re: XBMC on a Trusty box

Post by asbo »

professor_jonny has some pics and words about one here :)
http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... ?f=13&t=17
professor_jonny

Post by professor_jonny »

I did bench mark tests with mplayer and dvd player's inbuilt benchmark setting and yes it was better with 720p h264 but still a bit jerky in high intensity scenes.

It would do your head in watching it.

i have not did it since buzz added the new fast mode cut back codec but i guess it would fear the same.

it was perfect speed minimal dropped frames if you did not decode the sound from the stream.

xbxo does not have the cpu power.
fxmech

Post by fxmech »

Things like animations, fancy graphics and metadata all get way better with my 1GHz/128MB board. There's more RAM overhead for increased buffer on streams.

I haven't tested video playback much as people generally report disappointing results. But maybe there's a way to get some better results in different codec.