Ethernet xbox/pc connection causing wifi internet drop out?

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
richg164

Ethernet xbox/pc connection causing wifi internet drop out?

Post by richg164 »

Hi all great to see that xbmx4xbox is still active thanks for keeping it alive. :D

I'm a long time user with basic knowledge but its been a while since I've fired mine up.

I have an issue when connecting to PC via Ethernet to ftp from Filezilla. I have it ftp'ing over just fine but my issue is that it kills my wireless internet connection on the PC until I disable or disconnect?

I have all IP's setup (I think correctly) I have static on PC and static on Xbox. The wireless internet is given an IP via DCHP from the wireless hub downstairs.

Ive had a good Google around and looked on this forum for a few days but I'm confused. Does any one have any ideas on whats causing this wireless internet(PC) to be killed by the xbox/pc Ethernet connection. I know its not specifically an xbmx question but I'm guessing someone might have came across this.

My setup goes PC network card out to...... small 5 port hub.....out to xbox ethernet port

I have attached images of all network settings etc
Ethernet settings PC
Ethernet settings PC
WIFI Internet Settings
WIFI Internet Settings
XBMC Network Settings
XBMC Network Settings
Network Access Order
Network Access Order
professor_jonny

Re: Ethernet xbox/pc connection causing wifi internet drop o

Post by professor_jonny »

you do not have a bridge between the wifi and wired network.

also you have set a default gateway on the lan and you should not as you are telling the pc it has two gateways its self and the wifi causing conflicts.

You need to setup a bridge between the lan and wifi or setup internet connection sharing.

I set up internet connection sharing on my pc with my dialup to the rest of the house and it worked well.

Just after you do it your pc will give out dhcp addresses but you must change your pc ip adress to something other than 192.168.0.x or you may get address conflicts with your wifi as internet connection sharing will default the ip address to 192.168.0.1.

After that set your xbox to dhcp and away you will go.