RC6 remote + DVD dongle?

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
crc_73

RC6 remote + DVD dongle?

Post by crc_73 »

Just wondering if it's possible to use a RC6 remote with the official Xbox DVD dongle in XBMC?

I have the official dongle, but no official remote, but have a Toshiba RC6 remote, like the one pictured in the thread here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=69172

The remote does work, I tested it with a breadboard receiver circuit and LIRC in Windows, but just wondering if I would/should have any luck getting it to work with the official Xbox DVD dongle?

I have tried it "out-of-the-box", but it didn't work.

Hoping someone will be able to answer before I begin experimenting with configuration files, etc. Or maybe I'm completely off the mark, and hoping someone can set me straight.

Thanks.
bigkidoz

Re: RC6 remote + DVD dongle?

Post by bigkidoz »

Any remote that uses the basic dvd player commands should work but most likely you will need a programmable universal remote like logitech etc.
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
fxmech

Re: RC6 remote + DVD dongle?

Post by fxmech »

it just needs to be able to send RCA dvd commands (see your manual).

i bought a cheap $11 US universal remote at wal mart and it works. it isn't as nice as my harmony 650 obviously, but worked.

my particular approach was to program the xbox as an RCA brand DVD player on the remote. it wasn't perfect but a little wherewithal and it would have been fully functional. i think the display/X-button function wasn't mapped by default

btw, have you tried enabling the "MCE remote" option in the system settings? probably won't work but its easy to try...

good luck