DVD Disc Issues - Menus, Audio

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
travelstar

DVD Disc Issues - Menus, Audio

Post by travelstar »

Hi,

I threw on Deceiver r1 ntsc physical dvd the other night and noticed xbmc4xbox couldn't play this correctly. It takes a very long time to get to the main menu, when it does it is not displaying correctly. Upon starting the film it also has no audio.

I've also noticed some extreme macroblocking on another dvd 'top secret' r1 ntsc. I solved that issue by turning off 'DVDPlayer fast mode for mpeg2/mpeg4/h264' under system/settings/video/playback.

Default player is 'DVDplayer' and 'DVDplayer full codec support' is disabled. 'Attempt to skip introduction before dvd menu' is also disabled. I'm running xbmc4xbox 3.5.

I don't remember having all these physical media issues in the past.

Debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=376122
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: DVD Disc Issues - Menus, Audio

Post by BuZz »

travelstar wrote:Hi,

I threw on Deceiver r1 ntsc physical dvd the other night and noticed xbmc4xbox couldn't play this correctly. It takes a very long time to get to the main menu, when it does it is not displaying correctly. Upon starting the film it also has no audio.

I've also noticed some extreme macroblocking on another dvd 'top secret' r1 ntsc. I solved that issue by turning off 'DVDPlayer fast mode for mpeg2/mpeg4/h264' under system/settings/video/playback.

Default player is 'DVDplayer' and 'DVDplayer full codec support' is disabled. 'Attempt to skip introduction before dvd menu' is also disabled. I'm running xbmc4xbox 3.5.

I don't remember having all these physical media issues in the past.

Debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=376122
The DVD Fastmode behaviour is correct. You may not have noticed it before since it was broken before and never actually turned on fast mode. It will cause poor quality playback on dvds - best to leave it disabled. skip introduction might be useful for some disks that have buggy menus on dvdplayer.

Some DVDs do not play nice with libdvdnav.

Looks like audio thread died though - I will need a copy of the disc if it is reproducible (uploaded to ftp://aero.exotica.org.uk/incoming - call it youruser.zip) but I do lack free time for xbmc4xbox right now (busy on other projects)