Freezing When Adding Source (Video)

If you need any help with XBMC4XBOX, such as installing or using the software, please post it in here.
balthaser

Freezing When Adding Source (Video)

Post by balthaser »

XBMC keeps freezing. Tried the 3.3 stable and 3.5RC2 (32674). Every time I click add source it freezes. I am able to continue with FTP access.

Code: Select all

<iframe src="http://pastebin.com/embed_iframe.php?i=LCFkkTJ1" style="border:none;width:100%"></iframe>
balthaser

Re: Freezing When Adding Source (Video)

Post by balthaser »

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Fem1TVd0 is another freeze when I tried to load Navix:
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Won't help with navix http://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewt ... f=6&t=2820

In regards to other stuff - you should start by getting the latest version which is v3.5.
balthaser

Post by balthaser »

thanks.....using 3.5rc2 problem is the same even with the old 3.3 that worked great for the last few years.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

3.5rc2 is not the latest release. that is a release candidate - and the version you posted the log from from Jan 2014 (r32674) is not even 3.5rc2 it is 3.5 beta 2, and is 10 months older than the final 3.5 release.
balthaser

Post by balthaser »

BuZz wrote:3.5rc2 is not the latest release. that is a release candidate - and the version you posted the log from from Jan 2014 (r32674) is not even 3.5rc2 it is 3.5 beta 2, and is 10 months older than the final 3.5 release.

:lol: Let me dig around and get that. I always have trouble finding the latest version anymore for some reason. I am the "Binary" build type as you can see. :lol:

I am thinking the problem is with the ndure/unleashx install. I made the install CD years ago with the HD key and it worked fine Just odd that it is having this problem now.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

balthaser

Post by balthaser »

OK. I hope I have it this time. Build 32977. I generated the freezewhen trying to add a source to my videos then rebooted and have pasted the xbmc.old here: http://pastebin.com/aBthZ8y8
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

it freezes when you just select add source or when you are choosing a particular source ? is this a fresh install (not installed over an old build) ?

how long did you leave it in the "frozen" state

unfortunately there nothing really of any use in the log.
balthaser

Post by balthaser »

Yeah, it freezes as soon as I hit add source. It is a fresh install where I wiped the drive completely with option 3 in ndure. Not I am having all kind of problems that don't appear to be hardware related.

I have debugging enabled of course and I let it sit for 5minutes (8:44-8:49). At 8:47 the screen dimmed, but will not respond to any controls (Logitech wireless controller). The debugging info stopped responding as well. This xbox worked fine with the same ndure CD I made a few years ago. I also posted a green tinted screen thread too. Maybe I should go through the restore process again with the ndure CD. What do you think? Is it correct to install XBMC in the E/Dash/ folder overwriting the unleash .xbe?

Here is this log: http://pastebin.com/euUvk1vY
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I would install to E:/Apps/ or F:/Apps (I have little experience of softmods though)

I'm afraid there is nothing to go on here that I have spotted, but I can only think it's caused by some hardware issue or something related to bios/softmod. Perhaps some others who have more experience of modding might be able to offer advice.
balthaser

Post by balthaser »

Thanks Buzz for the help and keeping 4xbox going. I think I messed something up with the ndure cd. I broke out my 200gb console and it is working very well. Can't remember why I even put the 200gb console up. Rebuilding the 40gb console now. Is there anywhere you can redirect me to ask for help with ndure/unleash?
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

There are knowledgeable people here, also over at emuxtras.net
balthaser

Post by balthaser »

Just wiped the drive again and still the same green tinted screen with HD cable and freezing when adding sources. Maybe I can look into making another ndure cd for this. Need to find the instructions for that again.
balthaser

Post by balthaser »

Plugged in an original corded xbox controller and it works fine-with the green screen and no HD. So apparently there is an issue with this controller...beyond me.