Xbox 2tb hard drive stopped playing new games after 1tb

Discussion about Modding the XBOX, including hardware and software hacks.
Jerry98vert

Xbox 2tb hard drive stopped playing new games after 1tb

Post by Jerry98vert »

All has been good on the 2tb hard drive I have been uploading xbox games with no problems until I hit the 1tb of usage. After this point I can still upload games but when I pick the game to play it reboots back to XBMC, even when I burn to disk a game, the xbox reboots back to XBMC. Now I have tried the disk in another xbox and the game works so I know the 1tb max is coming into play here.

Here is what I have done so far, the system is v1.1
1. soft mod
2. went on this fourm and got the hard drive that worked
3. got the adapter from the forum that was approved (it was ebay)
4. used XBpartitioner 1.3
5. format in 64 cluster
6. have both F and G formated (I think like 952gb each)
7. Upgrade IDE to 133

All has been fine, sure slow boot up but everything has worked until last night I guess when the xbox hit the 1 tb it just doesn't want to play anymore games I can upload but the new uploaded games just reboots the system back to XBMC.

Any ideas on how to fix this to get the whole 2tb to fill up and work????

Thanks.
bigkidoz

Re: Xbox 2tb hard drive stopped playing new games after 1tb

Post by bigkidoz »

Sounds like a limitation in the bios of the softmod, maybe a newer softmod will fix it ?
Sent from my android coz apple is for pie.
Jerry98vert

Post by Jerry98vert »

"Sounds like a limitation in the bios of the softmod, maybe a newer softmod will fix it ?"

That has to be it, so how to fix.
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

Try Hexen as i believe it has some an updated softmod method/ files.
Jerry98vert

Post by Jerry98vert »

bigkidoz wrote:Try Hexen as i believe it has some an updated softmod method/ files.
Thanks.
Jerry98vert

Post by Jerry98vert »

Ok I have read this on another Forum but my problem is in xbmc not unleashx and I don't know how to fix my game save

More info regarding this problem: First, I am using XBMC4XBOX as my main dash. The problem starts when the UDATA folder has more than 255(?) folders in it. I never thought this would be a problem since I would never have that many saved games. Using XBMC, there is no problem. The problem is when I run UnleashedX (I use this to FTP since it's faster). UnleashedX auto-generates game save folders in the UDATA folder for every game in the F:\games and G:\games folders. Once this happens the problem is back since I have 380 games in these folders. To fix, I have to delete the UDATA and TDATA folders completely, then copy my backup of them from my PC. It's not a big problem but anyone with a 2TB HDD should be aware of this. So, it there anyway to keep UnleashedX from auto-generating the save game folders in the UDATA folder?

The solution was easy, if anyone cares. I renamed the 'Games' folders to 'Xbox Games' and changed the source paths in XBMC. Now UnleashX boots fast and doesn't create anything in the TDATA and UDATA folders. Problem solved.

Could this be the problem thanks
bigkidoz

Post by bigkidoz »

Could be, Unleashx is old and not updated where as XBMC4XBOX is up to date.
Jerry98vert

Post by Jerry98vert »

I think xbmc and unleashx has a 255 folder limit so do I delete UDATA/TDATA and put my backup of like 55 folders back to the xbox, I just don't want to brick the xbox, thanks

Update so I tried to delete 5 folders from UDATA and TDATA I delete like 3 games and I tried the newest game I upload and when I pick the game it just reboots to xbmc.
xman

Post by xman »

You haven't maxed out your drive that contains the UData/ TData have you?. When you max out the C drive a warning comes up from time to time and the Xbox does weird shit I've never maxed out the E drive though to tell you exactly what happens then.
Jerry98vert

Post by Jerry98vert »

xman wrote:You haven't maxed out your drive that contains the UData/ TData have you?. When you max out the C drive a warning comes up from time to time and the Xbox does weird shit I've never maxed out the E drive though to tell you exactly what happens then.
No E has 3gb C has 319mb. So you don't think the 255 max is the problem? I can upload games but the new games just reboots xbmc.
Thanks
Jerry98vert

Post by Jerry98vert »

So everyone knows I deleted E:/UDATA and E:/TDATA and left the directories empty and now the new games work. So the good news is I am back in bisness the bad news is how to fix the 255 folder limit.